Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know this is rather simplistic, but ..... considering that the WTBTS strains the gnat all the time over every thing because it could bring a bad witness or bring reproach upon Jah's name, all that bs, why would they do ANYTHING that would make it seem like they were supporting the UN in any fashion. If I am not allowed to ride in a car with a guy when I am 18 because it "looks bad" and people may think we are having sex (yes, all the while I am driving from territory to territory because I am pioneering and this guy is pioneering), then why does the WTBTS get to have a library card at the UN. For a religion that sees all things in black and white terms, let's apply some of their own logic to their actions ... it "looks bad" "it brings reproach upon Jah's name" "it is a bad witness", maybe they should be DF'd for their actions because I believe there were more than 2 witnesses to the whole thing.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    looking_glass: maybe they should be DF'd for their actions because I believe there were more than 2 witnesses to the whole thing.

It goes further than that, lg.

In their favor, according to their own policies and procedures:

(1) They ceased the conduct.

In favor of disfellowshipping:

(1) They minimize the wrong to everyone who asks, only admitting to a registration (which would be fine for any JW) in exchange for the library card.

(2) They do not admit that they applied to become an Associate to the UN/DPI, thus joining the UN/DPI, and thereby directly deceive as to the nature of the wrongdoing.

(3) They attempt to shift the blame for any ill effects from their actions onto others: Satan; apostates, the person who found out about it, etc.

If any ONE of those three is clearly present in a case of gross wrongdoing, the instructions are clear, the guilty party is not repentant.

Romans 2:1-2
    Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are, if you judge; for in the thing in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, inasmuch as you that judge practice the same things. Now we know that the judgment of God is, in accord with truth, against those who practice such things.

They are inexcusable, not simply for holding themselves to a different standard of righteousness regarding the act itself, but also for holding themselves to a different standard of repentance.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• rebel8
    rebel8

Brochure: The Watchtower-United Nations Scandal--Why is it important? A comprehensive, concise examination of anti-UN teachings along with details of the WT's UN activities. Suitable for use in discussing this topic with JWs or those studying with JWs. Identifies the most common excuses given for NGO membership and refutes each. Contains a full list of verifiable references. 4-page foldable color brochure suitable for printing on 2 sides of 8.5" x 11" paper.

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

The UN/DPI is obviously part of the UN i agree but an NGO registering with it doesn't become part of the UN, its that simple. as 3w rightly pointed out, the UN themselves state:

“association of NGOs with the DPI does not constitute their incorporation into the United Nations system, nor does it entitle associated organizations or their staff to any kind of privileges, immunities or special status.”

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    If I am not allowed to ride in a car with a guy when I am 18 because it "looks bad" and people may think we are having sex (yes, all the while I am driving from territory to territory because I am pioneering and this guy is pioneering)

Exactly

Do not touch the unclean thing.

I was told if you had a demonic album (def leopard, etc. LOL!) and you had to get rid of it you could not even sell it (or them) to anyone for just that reason.

Everything is picked apart but this is different? If they never got caught they would still be there, right? ---And if someone says they would have still dropped out if nobody knew I will check into the phsych ward cause I can't take it!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

So what? relijun is still bullshyte

• Quandry
    Quandry

Learn to swim,

I am relatively new to this forum. Prior to coming here I had not heard anything at all about the U.N. /W.T. link.

I would like to ask you, since others have mentioned the YMCA and how the WT says one may not join, would you feel it proper to join only to use, say, excercise equipment, or the swimming pool? How would you view that? Also, would you say that you are proud of the WT for becoming a DPI with the UN or do you view it as an embarrasment? I am reading all posts with an inquisitive mind. Please respond.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Perfect example Quandry!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did not bother to read all the pages of this thread - I have read plenty of bullshitters apologists opinions on this before.

I for one said goodbye for absolute when I became aware of this prostitution of the WTS. IF I was unsure of the 'final nail' in the coffin of my exit prior to this, I was then sure of it. It cannot and will not ever be anything else but prostitution in my mind. Those wishing to rationalize wrongdoing are as evil as those doing of the evil, IMHO.

Jeff

• AlanF
    AlanF

You're right, learntoswim, that the Society didn't become part of the UN, since only governments and certain special organizations can do that. But by formally acquiring Associated NGO status the Society associated itself with, or joined itself to, the UN. How? By agreeing to support the philosophy and goals of the UN charter -- no exceptions -- by publishing material specifically supporting said charter and goals. Did the Society do this? You bet! An article in a September 1993 Awake! was published that was specifically designed to read to outsiders, such as UN observers, like the Society supported those goals. This was a requirement for Associated status. In subsequent years, to fulfill its obligation to publish such supportive material yearly and submit it along with yearly membership renewals, the Society published a number of articles in The Watchtower and Awake! magazines that lauded certain UN goals on one level, yet read to JWs as if the UN were being damned with faint praise. Quite amusing to JWs who saw the doubletalk. Do you realize the level of hypocrisy and deceit to which the Society stooped?

I remember phoning the editor-in-chief of Awake!, the now-deceased Harry Peloyan, shortly after the Society was forced by public embarassment to withdraw its Associated NGO status. I simply asked him for his opinion of the matter. He immediately became so angry that he could hardly speak, just because I asked him a senstive question. Why was he so sensitive? Because, as editor of Awake!, he was personally responsible for the articles supportive of the UN appearing in his magazine, and he was exposed in Bethel as a hypocrite. He also lost his department's easy access to the UN library. Hardly anyone in Brooklyn Bethel knew about the Society's UN connection, you see, outside of a few members of the Writing Department.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit