Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dozy
    dozy

It is quite a professional site and brings together the resources very well. I don't see anything especially new - most of the information was already in the public domain. I've never seen any problem with the UN NGO business and have always been of the view that this has been hyped up by apostates as part of their mission to discredit the WTS. Anybody who fell for this one (and there have been individuals who has disassociated themselves purely because of "discovering the UN affiliation" (ie reading one sided arguments from ex-witnesses)) have only themselves to blame. A prominent UK apostate admitted to me that he had no problem at all with the NGO affiiliation (and actually thought that it was a responsible and clever move by the WTS) , but it struck a cord with the newbies because it implied that the WTS had "covered up" , so he was happy to run with it. "A useful tool for useful fools" was his fascinating description.

Having said that , it does seem ironic that "Al" has had to publish this information anonymously. Surely there is a case for the WTS to take a far more proactive line on defending themselves against false allegations like the UN / DPI / NGO.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/2153/giveashit0cp.jpg

And BTW...Yes they did!

• Legolas
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

TJ said:

"i think they were there as they said to get information..."

Why would you ever think that? What info that the UN has would they care about?

They joined in order to raise their international image, and develop lobbying bodies that can be found in membership lists.

It was to influence public opinion about the WT; that's it.

It was a good idea; problem, of course, since they VILLIFIED the UN for decades as being a whore, the churches as fellow whores.

There is no sense to be made of the WT in this; they lied, their stupid followers apologize for them, and they laugh all the way to the bank.

WAKE UP witnesses; you are being screwed over again and again. Stop loving and paying for it.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Wow; dozy, do you consider yourself christian, and a good witness?

Then stop lying.

"anybody who fell for this one (and there have been individuals who has disassociated themselves purely because of "discovering the UN affiliation" (ie reading one sided arguments from ex-witnesses))"

Quite a few have been DISFELLOWSHIPPED for even talking about the WT being an NGO. How can you think it is not a big deal?? How long have you been a witness? I have been one, still am, long enough to remember calling the UN the beast, the whore, etc. Remember, WE demonized it as considering itself to be the "visible expression of God's kindgom on earth". That is what the world council of churches called it, but we figured that was good enough to consider that it was the "disgusting thing standing where it ought not". For the WT to quietly become a member IN EVERY CASE LIKE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, OR ANY OTHER non-governmental organization, is a very big deal for a witness.
    Our FDS is part of the whore. GET IT? It was a big deal. And you can go back to the early 90's when they started writing favorable articles in the Awake about the UN.

WAKE UP.

• observer
    observer

UN thing was one of the main things why I and my wife disassociated ourself from the congregation.

It was very stupid move from the WTS because they got caught with pants down. Also when WTS asked to be dissassociated from NGO-relationship it proves that their NGO-association was improper. I have not heard if anybody from GB has been disfellowshipped or given reproof because of that or if they have apologized it.

Top of hypocrisy: WTS also presented NGO-association of other churches as an evidence that those have put their hope in UN (without mentioning "NGO" -word of course) (Watchtower 6/1/1991 p.17) http://www.randytv.com/secret/drunkards.htm

• Iforget
    Iforget

Wonder if this excuse every worked in a judicial comittee

I only joined the Playboy Club in order to witness to those inside the club!

I only laid in bed with the whore to witness to her

I only joined the Swingers Club in order to make it easier to witness to those inside the club I dropped my membership later!

I only used my subscription to PentHouse to read material that might pertain to JW's.

They speaked with forked tongue

• Borgia
    Borgia

Zeroday,

My english grammar is a bit rusty here, but ...um, concerning that quote? What are they actually saying?

We, as witnesses of God, the Source of life,.........

Are they saying that they, as witnesses of God, are the scource of life?....? I mean, I could understand if they wished to convey the idea that God is the scource of life, but, the subject here is Gods witnesses with the property of being the scource of life?

Cheers

Borgia

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I spent more time than i intended to on that site. I found it "interesting", especially his definition of the two types of NGO

However, even if his claims were factually correct .. I still think it stinks.

He relates the attitude to the UN as being the the same as subjection to a "Superior Authority" and using government services and upholding its civil laws But the UN is not a government, no matter what they say. Who are its subjects? Nobody in the city of New York is subject to it. Especially these days, the idea of an American citizen viewing the UN as its government is laughable

1] Are we to believe that a massive publishing corp. would enter into any agreement without having the contract scrutinized by their lawyers and Senior Execs? We get the impression from his site that the library staff said one day, If you want to keep coming here , you have to fill out one of these forms - so old Ciro said "OK then" and completed it .

2} the site says the UN changed the requirements in 1994. The UN say they have never changed .

3} As a spiritually mature JW, aware of the stance on the UN , would you have been willing to enter into any kind of agreement with them after reading this stuff that they wrote.

w87

4/1 p. 19 par. 13 Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" ***

"National entities inside and outside the United Nations are in reality lined up against the government of the "Prince of Peace." As God views it, the United Nations is a colossal world conspiracy. Why? Because it declares itself set to gain the objectives that God has laid only upon his "Prince of Peace" to gain. And it calls upon the peoples of all nations to support it in establishing worldwide security by man’s efforts"

re chap. 34 p. 248 par. 8 An Awesome Mystery Solved ***

"The UN’s founders and admirers do not have their names recorded in God’s scroll of life. How could sinful, mortal men, many of whom mock God’s name, achieve through the UN what Jehovah God has declared he is about to accomplish, not by human means, but through the Kingdom of his Christ?"

re chap. 34 p. 248 par. 9 An Awesome Mystery Solved ***

"The UN is actually a blasphemous counterfeit of God’s Messianic Kingdom by his Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ—to whose princely rule there will be no end"

4] The site presents a form that is stated to be similar to the one they completed. It has the UN logo of course and states at the top:

Please note that the association of your N G O with the DPI requires that you provide us with proof of your organization's non profit status and with an annual report of its activities related to United Nations issues

The form does refer to "make full use of our N G O Resource Centre" So the NGO apparently did have access to resources not available to the public. Is that corroboration of the WT story, or evidence of privileges gained through membership?

BTW I would like to know which four organizations provided the necessary external references?

So , We have admissiion that the WT entered into a legal contract formalizing its association with the "Eighth King", the "Disgusting thing standing where it ought not" and committing itself to activities related to UN issues

For me, that is enough...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

All of the apologies, all of the rhetoric that is spouted by 3w an dozy about this is blown away by the fact that THE SOCIETY DISASSOCIATED THEMSELVES once it was EXPOSED.
    They of course are very sophisticated an worldly wise about UN/NGO membership; it is smart and almost necessary for any large non-governmental body with international exposure to get the protection that the UN affords, both politically and governmentally. Why?
    They are getting their ass kicked in the world of public opinion. In Russia and France, it is not a popular group, in fact they are being assessed in France and outlawed in Russia.
    It is not too hard to figure out that cooler heads than the writing department realized they needed political cover, and so the neutral, informative articles about the UN surfaced.
    I was shocked by them; what, not the harlot anymore??

Well, what of it Dozy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit