Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    learntoswim: The UN/DPI is obviously part of the UN i agree but an NGO registering with it doesn't become part of the UN, its that simple. as 3w rightly pointed out,

learntoswim, please scour the UN/DPI's Web site for any mention of an ability to "register" with them. There is no such relationship to the UN/DPI. Associating to the UN/DPI doesn't make a non-governmental organization a part of the UN, but it DOES make them a part of the UN/DPI.

The UN/DPI's chief objective is and has always been the promotion of the UN's objectives. Therefore, the objectives of the UN/DPI are contrary to the Bible and the organization (UN/DPI) is under judgment by God, according to JWs.

The Society outrightly lies when they mischaracterize the nature of the relationship as one of registrant to registrar. No one APPLIES for registration, learntoswim. No one awaits a three to six month review to determine if they qualify for registration. Since this small lie is easily disprovable and is consistently maintained by the Watchtower Society even on direct questioning, one rightly wonders what else they might be concealing. However, treating ONLY with this small lie, the reality converts their innocuous relationship into one of voluntary associate membership to the UN/DPI.

Note: I did NOT say they were members of the UN. A non-governmental organization cannot be. I said they were members of the UN/DPI, not registrants. They joined those disapproved by God and maintained that voluntary relationship for 10 years. While this membership doesn't incorporate the associating organization into the UN system, it DOES incorporate the joining organization into the UN/DPI.

Thus my questions. According to Jehovah's Witnesses is the UN/DPI among those approved or disapproved by God? Did they join the UN/DPI? Hint: The answer to both is, YES!

Do they lie about having done so to everyone who asks? Yes. Do they minimize the wrong, claiming that the relationship was of a different nature than it actually was, calling it a registration while Paul Hoeffel of the UN/DPI maintains they have never had a registration available for any NGO relative to the UN/DPI? Yes. Do they attempt to shift the blame for any trouble this relationship caused to Satan, apostates, or the person asking them about it? Yes.

They joined the UN/DPI and maintained that relationship for 10 years. Now, they lie about having done it. Is that repentance? Is that candor? Is that honesty? Is that representative of Jehovah?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

So I know what to say when the Library argument comes up, what is in that library that would be worth associating with the UN that can't be obtained somewhere else?

• Confession
    Confession

The site promoted by 3rdWitness does a nice job of countering some (apparent) claims made by ex-JWs about this subject. But it in no way excuses the Watchtower Society from committing "adultery"--just as they would make no excuses for one of the amharets (little people) who did such a thing in his or her own private life. AuldSoul's posts contain information that unquestionably indicts them.

It sort of reminds me of the reasoning used within the original site posted...

Evidently, the apostates just hope you will believe what they say and won't notice what's written in the text of the document. Amazing.
    Yes, well, evidently those who worship the Watchtower Society just hope you will believe what they say and won't notice the primary point.
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Alan,

You state: "An article in a Sept. 1993 Awake! was published that was specifically designed to read to outsiders, such as UN observers, like the Society supported those goals."

And that's the irony of the jehovahsjudgment site. It claims that the ideals of the U.N. don't conflict with the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. One apologist on another site argues with me that one can support peace and unity and brotherhood and yet not agree with every action the U.N. takes (those occasions where a peacekeeping force becomes necessary). Another point, it claims that the U.N. is a "superior authority" and that we must be subject to it in a relative sense where it doesn't oppose the Bible. How would you or anyone else respond to these points?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Kenneson wrote:

: You state: "An article in a Sept. 1993 Awake! was published that was specifically designed to read to outsiders, such as UN observers, like the Society supported those goals."

: And that's the irony of the jehovahsjudgment site. It claims that the ideals of the U.N. don't conflict with the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Well of course some ideals don't conflict: brotherhood of mankind, world peace, etc. But according to Watchtower teaching on the UN (yeah, yeah, we all know this is complete nonsense, but we have to argue some points from their point of view), the UN is a political creation of Satan the Devil, and therefore many of its goals must be diametrically opposed to those of God, and ostensibly, Jehovah's Witnesses.

: One apologist on another site argues with me that one can support peace and unity and brotherhood and yet not agree with every action the U.N. takes (those occasions where a peacekeeping force becomes necessary).

Well, sure. But that's a "worldly" point of view. JWs are supposed to be neutral in actions, and must view the UN as the Devil's tool to oppose God's Kingdom. It also ignores the fact that the agreement the Society signed (specifically, GB member Lloyd Barry) committed the Society to support ALL of the UN's goals -- not just peace and unity and brotherhood. Here is where their hypocrisy lies.

: Another point, it claims that the U.N. is a "superior authority" and that we must be subject to it in a relative sense where it doesn't oppose the Bible.

That's nonsense. The UN is not in any way a "Caesar" to be obeyed by Christians as if it were a normal government. It performs no functions of a real government except perhaps in engaging in "police actions" when the governments that comprise it vote to do this. Furthermore, the UN does not require any organization to become an Associated NGO. Such action is entirely voluntary, and takes considerable effort by the organization that wants to join the DPI.

: How would you or anyone else respond to these points?

How did I do?

Seriously, the lame excuses given by those JW defenders are just plain stupid, ridiculous rationalizations of "the dog ate my homework" variety.

AlanF

• Satanus
    Satanus

I remember, when we studied the babylon the grape book, asking what was so wrong about the un's ideals and goals. I was firmly rebuked for asking a bad question like that. I was told that what made the un so disgusting was that it was from 'man', gave credit to 'mam', instead of coming from god and giving him credit. I couldn't fully understand it, apparently, back then, peace coming from humans was evil.

S

• Confession
    Confession
    JWs are supposed to be neutral in actions...

Yes, and this is such an important part of the point. Isn't it true that JWs can agree with the Catholics (and most other religions) on many important things? Don't JWs want peace? "Peace" was center stage at the 1986 gathering the pope called during the "International Year of Peace." All religions were invited with, primarily, this theme...

"Peace is a value with no frontiers". It is a value that responds to the hopes and aspirations of all people and all nations, of young and old, and of all men and women of good will."

The WTS could certainly agree with such "values," couldn't they? So why did they proudly announce in their literature that they took no part in such a gathering? Because it would have meant joining in with "The World Empire of False Religion." And JWs are NOT supposed to do that.

We were always told that contributing to "worldly" charities was wrong--even if we knew our dollars were going to causes we had no problem with. Why? Because it was "a worldly effort." And JWs keep themselves "without spot from the world." Or at least that's what's expected of the rank and file. (Think: Do as I say, not as I do.)

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thank you Alan. I pretty much said something similar in regards to the "superior authorities." I told him that I regard the United Nations as an organization and not a government, no more so than Nato (North American Treaty Organization) or OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe). I told him I know of no American who is subject to the United Nations and that we are citizens of the United States and pledge allegiance to it instead.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

This is the second question posed to baptismal candidates on the date of their baptism. Does association to an organization indicate becoming a part of that organization, or not?

I ask because I disassociated myself from Jehovah's Witnesses just like the Watchtower Society disassociated themselves from the United Nations Department of Public Information. I'd like to know whether I never was part of Jehovah's Witnesses, so that I can let my family know they can talk to me now.

The people who stretch and twist and pervert the language are those representing the Watchtower Society.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• codeblue
    codeblue

The WTBS did commit spiritual prostitution/ adultery/fornication........

GET WITH THE WTBS program on THEIR RULES.

People have been df'd for joining the YMCA......................

IT's as simple as that.......grow up.........

The WTBS has 2 sets of rules=Not of Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit