For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

Meeting up in person with a person expelled from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a No-No and once again you refuse to admit your status for you very well know what that is. So do not beat around the bush. My refusal to meet you in person is based upon the Scriptures in 2John verse 10.

scholar JW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Scholar what are the names of the "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars?"

• scholar
    scholar

Dansck

I care nought for your insults because that is what apostates do well as they are masters of deceit and ridicule. I post on this board because it is a public forum and there is need to publicly defend Bible Teachings from the lies and half-truths coming from our opposers.

scholar JW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Scholar what are the names of the "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars?"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Meeting up in person with a person expelled from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a No-No and once again you refuse to admit your status for you very well know what that is. So do not beat around the bush. My refusal to meet you in person is based upon the Scriptures in 2John verse 10.

Scholar, how come you refuse to meet ozzie in person but are quite prepared to associate with him on this board? For that matter, why are you here at all? Didn't you say "aye" to this at the dc?

We will resist with all of our strength, the spirit of the world that manifests in it such things as

or temptation that lures one into association with outsiders through internet chat rooms.
  • uriah
    uriah

Gasp! I have gotten to the end of this post. I have two words - cognative dissonace - I hope I have spelt that right, it looks wrong but I can't be arsed to fire up a spell checker or check a dictionary. I used to suffer from CD and filtered out anything that might upset my preferred view of the world. I know you will all be delighted to learn that I was cured some years ago. We all know that the main thrust of the pro 607BCE is to maintain the 1914 doctrine at all costs. Why? Because with no 1914 there would be no 1919 and hence no mandate from Jesus and the authority that the WTBTS holds over the JW's would evaporate. Can you imagine the emotional carnage that would result, not to mention the lawsuits. It is imperative that the status quo remains. Most JW's are not scholars and are happy to let the WTBTS do their thinking for them. How many eyes glaze over during the study of the 'Daniel' book and the other 'Prophecies explained' books. The answers are parrotted from the book as no-one has the brain power to do indepth study - maybe that is why the group meetings are held late evening when everyone is knackered and brain-dead from work and are happy to parrot. I was always glad that someone always wanted to answer the unanswerable double negative question. JW's are taught what their reaction to anything from Brooklyn will be. You only have to read their blurb to see that. I have a 1951 Clean Worship Assembly report that demonstrates this well: In an article of a talk headlined 'Thrilling Discourse by F W Franz', the talk was about Noah, flood wife and kids. The talk was entitled 'Baptism of Salvation and Fire Baptism' part of it said: '...special mention was made of Noah's wife. It was with joy that we heard how she pictured the bride of christ,...' This was, I imagine, one of those talks that brothers spoke about in hushed terms saying 'it was a very deep talk' which was accepto-speak for 'I haven't a clue what he was talking about but at least I am joyful at hearing it'. Whats all this got to do with the post in question I hear you ask. I shall tell you. We are all wasting our time and having our time wasted arguing with scholar and 3rd witness (who are probably one and the same as has already been alluded to). No amount of dialogue will do any good, there's none so blind as those who won't see as my grandmother used to say. And she was right. My mother used to say 'talking to him/her/them is like banging your head against a brick wall, it's nice when you stop' She was right too.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Third Witness,

Oh my! Stop playing around. Did Ezekiel say that Tyre would be destroyed by Neb and never rebuilt.

steve

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Scholar what are the names of the "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars?" Ever get the feeling you're being ignored Jayhawk? It's probably too direct a question for Scholar, and for that matter, thirdwitness to answer, They can't apply the circular reasoning that we are all well used to from them on it, so they won't answer. Apart from that, they probably don't know anyway.

• KW13
    KW13

To the JW Trolls: how can you come here defending the Society when you don't even follow their rules yourself?

* Your on what is classed as an Apostate site
    * You speak to people who are viewed as Apostate
    * Directly go against what you are taught at meetings and the VERY RECENT Convention.

You haven't a leg to stand on really, i believe personally you come here either just for an argument (not very Christian like is it?) or alternatively because part of you knows its not the truth and your currently stuck in some kind of battle.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

fullofdoubtnow, I was beginning to think all of my posts was invisable. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

Seriously Scholar, what are the names of the "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars?"

And Thirdwitness, can you answer my questions too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit