For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlanF
    AlanF

scholar pretendus wrote:

: In short, although a modern land city of Tyre exists today this fact does not contravene the prophecy of Ezekiel that Tyre which existed back then as an 'island city; remains thus today a devastated place. Prophecy is fulfilled just as God's Word plainly states.

As usual you have no idea what you're talking about. I already explained the geographical situation and suggested that readers use Google Earth to see it for themselves. I've even given the exact geographical coordinates. The modern city of Tyre is built on land comprised of three sections: (1) What used to be the island part of the city; (2) What used to be the mainland part of the city; (3) A sandbar that connects the two. Thus, no matter how JW defenders might rail against the facts, the facts are clear: Tyre has been rebuilt on its original location, because it exists today on both the old island and the mainland locations.

AlanF

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Now Tyre "cannot be found" or rather that which was the ancient city is no longer there. Instead, on the island of Tyre you will find a small fishing village that bears the name Súr."

The modern name (Arabic ats-Tsur) is almost exactly the name of ancient Tyre, which in Phoenician was Tsur, corresponding to Akkadian Tsurru, Hebrew Tsor, and Greek Turos. In other words, you're saying that Tyre no longer exists and instead some other place called Tyre is at the same spot.

• Arthur
    Arthur

thirdwitness and scholar,

Are you guys trying to count this time and report it on your field service slips? If you guys consider this some sort of field activity, please put me down as a DO NOT CALL as soon as you are done with your coffee and donut break.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I only just noticed this thread and don't have time to read through all the posts. I have to say I was very disappointed with the article in the link though. It really is nothing new, and I've previously dealt with every point therein. There is nothing at all that gives any credibility to the 607 dogma. I've dealt with all of the issues before, so re-read the posts of myself and others for debunking this little piece of flotsam.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

scholar:

You are quite mistaken about any such rendevous for you have not answered my question: Have you been disfellowshipped from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses? If your answer is in the affirmative then such an appointment is impossible but if your answer is negative then such an appointment can be arranged.

How on earth can you spend hours and hours associating with me and others and say that you cannot possibly meet up? Huh???

Anyway, I'll truthfully answer your question again, for I've already answered, and that is, I don't know for i was never told.

However, since I am shunned by all and sundry from the borg and especially my family, I would assume so. There, I've answered again.

Now if you're publicly backing out of a meetup, then please explain publicly why not, remembring to specifically answer my question above.

Thank you.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

thirdwitness said:

vm44, I guess you are saying this scripture was never fulfilled and Jehovah's word failed.

Ezekiel 29: 11 There will not pass through it the foot of earthling man, nor will the foot of domestic animal pass through it, and for forty years it will not be inhabited. 12 And I will make the land of Egypt a desolate waste in the midst of desolated lands; and its own cities will become a desolate waste in the very midst of devastated cities for forty years; and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands.”

So, thirdwitness, I guess you are saying this scripture was never fulfilled and Jehovah's word failed:

Isaiah 23:15: And it must occur in that day that Tyre must be forgotten seventy years, the same as the days of one king. At the end of seventy years it will happen to Tyre as in the song of a prostitute.
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jeffro,

I believe the site to which thirdwitness linked clears that point regarding Tyre right up. We'll, for the moment, overlook that it does so by directly contradicting the published viewpoint of the very Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that it purports to support.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Dansk
    Dansk
    please put me down as a DO NOT CALL

Excellent, Arthur. LOL!

Scholar:

You've got some front telling Ozzie that he didn't answer your question when you deliberately cut and run each time AlanF, Ozzie, myself and others ask you to answer certain questions. You're a hypocrite! You miserably try and excuse yourself from meeting up with Ozzie on the grounds that he could be disfellowshipped and yet you contravene the rules of the organisation you hold dear by coming here and openly communicating with him on an apostate web site!

I tell you this again, YOU are a wonderful example to everyone why the Watchtower organisation is completely wrong and runs entirely on mind-control.

Ian

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Watchtower Croney 1: We need to say Jerusalem was destroyed in 607.

Watchtower Croney 2: But the bible proves it was 587...

Watchtower Croney 1: Let's emphasise ambiguity about 586, even though the bible really indicates 587. If there's confusion about one year's difference, surely that proves it must have been 20 years prior.

Watchtower Croney 2: Good... but what about the fact that Jeremiah mentions Jehoiakim's 4th year at Jeremiah 25:1, counting his accession year, and Daniel agrees mentioning Jehoiakim's 3rd year using the Babylonian accession-year system?

Watchtower Croney 1: Well we could illustrate how it proves the bible's veracity, but instead let's pretend the word kingship really means vassalage and completely distort the order of events.

Watchtower Croney 2: Well, it's a pretty big stretch, but they'll swallow it. What about the fact that Ezekiel 40:1, Jeremiah 52:28 and other scriptures prove that the main exile was long before the fall of Jerusalem, and that Jeremiah 52:30 proves there were still inhabitants in Judah after the temple was destroyed?

Watchtower Croney 1: Shhh. We won't focus on it, any maybe no one will notice. We'll just convince them that Nebuchadnezzar made a point of cataloguing Jews from Egypt.

Watchtower Croney 2: Good, good. But I'm still not sure how we can ignore Jeremiah 25:12, which says that the 70 years were of all the nations of the area serving Babylon and not about the Jewish exile.

Watchtower Croney 1: Shhh.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    And as for your argument about Tyre you are merely shifting the argument to something else. Are you arguing that the Bible is wrong and that Tyre proves that? And since the Tyre prophecy is wrong then the Egypt prophecy is wrong? Why not take it a step further and say that if these prophecies are wrong then other Bible prophecies are no doubt wrong and thus the Bible is nothing but a man made book of some true prophecies but some false prophecies so it really cannot be depended on at all. I know you would not be arguing that because that would surely make you an apostate and I'm sure you are not an apostate, are you?

No he's not arguing that the bible is wrong at all. He is pointing to the fact that there is no reason to take the 40 years as a literal period applied specifically to Egypt, just as there is no reason to take Tyre's 70 years as a literal period applied specifically to Tyre.

thirdwitness, you may like to learn the proper definition of the word 'apostate'. Anyone who changes religions, including those who become JWs are 'apostates'. Your childish ad hominem use of the word 'apostate' is just irrelevant and stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit