For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

jayhawk 1

Such an 'elite' group must remain unknown and unknowable.

scholar JW

• KW13
    KW13

Scholar - can i ask why your refusing to ask my question? your failure to answer is an admission of guilt, you know you shouldnt be here...

• scholar
    scholar

stevenyc

Better still go there as a tourist and see with your own eyes the fulfillment of Ezekiel's prophecy that ancient city of Tyre not the modern city is just a place of fishing and museums, a reminder that God's Word does not lie.

scholar JW

• toreador
    toreador

Scholar:

The question of the existence of the 'celebrated' ones is not for your knowledge or for others and your opinion on this matter is of little merit. As regards to disputes on chronology wel it is the apostates who create such disputes as they serve the Devil's purpose in blinding the minds of people to the reality of the Kingdom established Heavenly in 1914 and discerned with the 'eyes of faith'.

Whose knowledge is it for then? Why should we believe in invisible celebrated scholars Neil?

Neil, you are deriving your dates for 1914 by using profane chronology. How does this fit in with using the bible to arrive at 1914. If it was "REALLY" important for bible readers and or believers to arrive at 1914 as a significant date in history, the only logical conclusion is that God would have provided for such a determination using the bible alone and not satans minions or the babylonians or any other profane chronology to do so. Your logic is fatally flawed in this respect. How do you answer such critizisms?

Tor

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    Nuts I am not for it a simple fact that when you current Neo-Babylonian chronology with Bible chronology researched by celebrated WT scholars, developed by the FDS and published by the Watch Tower Society, there is a small gap of twenty years. This means that NB data does not coincide with the comtemporary history of the Late Judean history. In other words for that same period the history of the Neo-Babyloians does not match up with the history of the Jews as recorded in the Historical and Prophetic books of the OT.

Thank you for stating that the thousands of historical records do not agree with you.

It is not a matter of one proving this or the other disproving this for neither source or witness was written for the purposes of proving current debates about chronology. Each side, the secular Babylonian records and the sacred Scripures of prophecy and History were written for different purposes. Therefore, the modern reader must consult all of the evidence and take careful note of the reasons, agendas and purposes of both sacred and profane history. When it comes to reconstructing a chronology of the OT then one would logically assign primacy to the OT data and if one wishes to construct a chronology of the Babylonians then one assign primacy to that data respectively. When this is done such parallel data shows a twenty year difference. Therefore, the sincere must make a choice as to whiuch one is more authorative than the other and I believe as the Bible is inspired of God then that data must take precedence over the pagan Babylonian material.

Oh my. You have finally admitted that the words in the bible were not written to make your 1914 date. Wow, you should take a seat, that was a very big step for you.

The question of the existence of the 'celebrated' ones is not for your knowledge or for others and your opinion on this matter is of little merit.
    You just made yourself appear very stupid regarding the CELEBRATED ones to whom cannot be celebrated.
    As regards to disputes on chronology wel it is the apostates who create such disputes as they serve the Devil's purpose in blinding the minds of people to the reality of the Kingdom established Heavenly in 1914 and discerned with the 'eyes of faith'.

The only dispute of any regard we are having is your made up 1914 date calculation. This indeed is the devils work. There are a bunch of them a stones throw from where I am typing.

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    stevenyc

Better still go there as a tourist and see with your own eyes the fulfillment of Ezekiel's prophecy that ancient city of Tyre not the modern city is just a place of fishing and museums, a reminder that God's Word does not lie.

scholar JW

So, you admit that it is still inhabited then. Thank you. Oh, its also the third largest city in Lebanon. steve

• toreador
    toreador

Scholar wrote:

So you abandon your former beliefs for what ? Spiritual darknes because you have left the 'light of truth' and have found nothing else, not even new beliefs, not even a new conversion. Is this really smart? To leave something for a nothing is just plain done and shows the state of your intellectual character and faith. You do not deal with doubt by abandoning such doubts but use those doubts as stepping stones to greater wisdom and understanding as found in God's Word and revealed by the Faithful and Discreet Salve and Holy Spirit.

What the heck? How do you apply this salve scholar!? This must be some new light that I didnt hear about yet.When I left they weren't selling any salve. Is it kind of like Russel's miracle wheat scam?

Tor

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

So now you believe in Evolution rather than Creation in now affirming that there was no Adam. So your abandonment of the truth has led you into higher citicism, Evolution and what next? Atheism. Not only have you left the Truth esposed by Jehovah's people but you have abandoned Christianity and yet you talk of me as being in an ethical and moral chaos.

I believe the Bible because it is true, it is God's Word and not man's word. The Bible is correct with facts as explained by science wheras current scientific theories come and go like the wind. It is you that have flaw in reasoning because there can be know flaw in truth. If one has found the truth then there can be no turning around ot turning back from it. If you once believed it was the truth then by what logic can you now say that it was not or is not now the truth. Only the fool thinks like that. There can be no such thing as another Truth for once found there can be no other competitor or Pretender.

scholar JW

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    there is a small gap of twenty years.

Scholar, this says it all, you know, third witness knows, I know, my elder step father knows, but you cant do anything about it.

Third witness states there must be another king. I cant believe that you continue a fight with absolutely no way to reach 539 from 625 with your own literatures' chronology, is not that glaring fact troublesome?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Also, regarding Tyre, from the Daily Telegraphs reveiw of the current confilct:

"Town Hall officials estimate that more than two thirds of Tyre's population of 270,000 have fled the city, leaving it more deserted than a rundown holiday resort in midwinter. "

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit