For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Additionally, there is a vast difference in the prophecy about Tyre's destruction and the prophecy about Egypt's 40 year desolation. The Bible clearly shows that Egypt's crowd would cease by Neb and thus be without inhabitant because of Neb's conquest. The Bible does not show that Neb would be the one to destroy Tyre to the point of it never being rebuilt. It shows he would bring much destruction and gather spoil from Tyre but that is all.

But again, I am utterly amazed that some here are forced to argue that the Bible's prophecies are inaccurate just so you can argue that JWs are wrong. It is pretty clear what some of the motives are here and it is not to find the truths of the Bible. Anyway, I'm sure that those honest truth seekers can see the feeble arguments made by proponents of 587. Arguments which ultimately involve the inaccuracy of the Bible.

So if you want to tie our hands and not let us use the Bible then just maybe Jesus really is Jehovah also. My goal is to reach those JWs who still believe the Bible is the reliable and accurate word of God but have been temporarily fooled (as I was once) by apostate untruths.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

thirdwitness:

I've tried reading through the line of your posts and find it difficult. You'd do us all the courtesy of doing as AlanF requested and that is to make clear in your posts the point or the person you are replying to.

In addition, the respondent scholar is well-known as a prolific poster on this board, frequents a theological seminary's library, and is making arrangements to meet with a known 'apostate' who posts here. Makes ya think, eh?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It is clear to me there is no such thing as "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars" since they do not have names. Is this correct? And don't tell me they are anonymous. True celebrated scholars have nothing to hide, because their work is as good as their name.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    And don't tell me they are anonymous. True celebrated scholars have nothing to hide, because their work is as good as their name.

Jayhawk, these ones prefer anonymity, as did those who put together the NWT. They say this is done to ensure that no individual or group receives unnecessary praise that should be given to Jehovah for "inspiring" the work at hand.

Of course their could be another reason....

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Then they can't be "Celebrated" anything. How would one be able to tell if they aren't just a bunch of schlubs setting in a back room somewhere throwing darts on a wall to pick the next big idea? But then again, maybe that is why nobody knows their names. Maybe they are just a bunch of misguided schlubs who don't know better so they won't put their names on anything, because it won't stand up to scrutiny.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

We invite the 'celebrated scholars' to examine our uncelebrated work such as the 40 year desolation of Egypt and disprove it with the Bible.

It is pretty sad if 'celebrated scholars' cannot overcome the scriptural writings of 'unlettered and ordinary' men. That should tell you something that you really probably don't want to admit.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am neither admitting nor not admitting anything. I just want to know who the "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars" are that scholar keeps telling us about. What are their names and what scholastic papers did they publish, please?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I am neither admitting nor not admitting anything. I just want to know who the "Celebrated Watchtower Scholars" are that scholar keeps telling us about. What are their names and what scholastic papers did they publish, please?

I'm not a gambler Jayhawk, but I'd bet against 3rdw knowing that. I'd bet against Scholar knowing it as well.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I'm just saying a person who puts his name on a scholarly work obviously has nothing to fear. Anonymous authours obviously have something to hide. Even the bible doesn't go, Book 1, Book 2, etc. It has names like the Gospel According to Matthew, The Book of Jeremiah, etc. What are the names and what papers did they publish?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Acts 4: 13 Now when they beheld the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit