I came home to find my wife crying over THAT article.

by jambon1 73 Replies latest jw friends

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

Read Luke 12: 51-53

Do you think that I have come to give peace in the earth? I tell you, no, but rather division.For from now on, there will be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.They will be divided, father against son, and son against father; mother against daughter, and daughter against her mother; mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law, and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

The wts must be one of the most unhealthiest things out there. It daily takes a toll emotionally and mentally for those who are in and obviously those who are out but still have contact.

It is emotional abuse and emotional blackmail at its finest form.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I did'nt leave Jehovah..........I left a manmade cult

A CULT that has never had one truth.

anybody out there....????...Please give me one...JUST ONE

TRUTH......show me support of truth.

Can't do it.......Can you??????????????????????????????????

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I really feel for you Jambon, and every other ex jw with family still in the borg.

This is such a twisted, manipulative article. It lays all the "guilt" for family problems that occur when someone leaves the jws squarely on the shoulders of the one leaving. It in no way examines why they left, instead it implies that they turned their back on the truth, therefore any upset in the family is their fault, and the remaining jws are blameless.

It makes me so happy I left this cult, and I didn't have any other family in it to try to blackmail me with this crap.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Jambon1

I am sorry to read about your wife....

I am just angry that I may have to go through the same.....as my wife continues to go to cult meetings.

I can just hear all her female buddies...oh, did you see that great article in the wt about.............ya we know.

So I hope they ask If I'd seen it...........and I will steal some of everyones comments....like "emotional pronography"

"emotional abuse".....

Is there such a thing as...........Spritual pronography....?

• aniron
    aniron
    Christianity is supposed to be concerned with who and what Jesus was/did.

Instead, we get the views of Paul.

The Pharisees, Paul and JW elders all have more in common with each other than they do with Jesus.

If it wasn't for reading Romans, Ephesians and Galatians by Paul.

I would never have come to see what a true Christian was and the lies of the Watchtower

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Jambon,

I'm expecting the same reaction from my wife when she reads it.Also like you I waited years to tell her my true feelings about the WTS.And yes,I am much happier now.The only sadness I feel is for family members who were once normal and now act like pharisees and to see that my wife wants to remain part of the WTS even though she doesn't believe or understand most of their beliefs.

Goldminer

• evergreen
    evergreen

Hi Jambon, in time your mrs will get used to it. I found that the first year or so was a little bit arkward but eventually we both got used to it. I was sorry to see that this article affected her so much.

My mrs just sticks articles like that in my face and says there. Ah shes a game old bird.

Things will taper out over time. she knows and trusts you. just keep showing her love.

evergreen

• Geko_man
    Geko_man

G'day

Well i've only been out for bout 7 months now and seen my parents only two times, first a couple of weeks after it all happened, and then just again i saw my father after he emailed me saying he wanted to see me... I questioned weather it was because he wanted to see his son or another purpose (insinuating trying to get me to come back to the organisation). We had lunch and it was going along nicely and then the true motive came out, being that he wanted to give me that magazine on disfellowshipped ones, i figured as much and took it anyways... All in all just a nice artical on how shunning a family member/ a disfellowedshiped person is benificial, and that this is the only way that they're going to come back.

Yeh whatever if they reckon that by shunning ppl they're going to want to come back into the 'loving' organisation after that experience? It's a different view from this side of things thats for sure.

I didnt' particualy care that's why my father wanted to see me, i was just happy to see him again, and that he didn't jus send it in the mail or somthing impersonal like that. Doesn't change my non-willingness to go back tho, the organisational tiger can't change it's stripes

peace.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This whole thing is so sad, all the lives divided over an organizations version of things. I would not even argue about the wisdom of speaking with someone who is hostile to everything one believes in and is angry and hurtful about it regularly - and it thus amazes me that anyone will keep in contact with some of the JWs I have known. However, to reject a person for leaving a man made organization whose standards, rules and guidelines change, whose very qualifications for membership and involvement can change with every issue of the Kingdom Ministry, WT or new 'publication'. For citing rebellion about things like hair length, beards, and not being current on the latest 'blood' guidelines. Some of the things are so damn petty. PETTY, and they require family members to SHUN their loved ones(and I believe that they remain loved, but ignored in ignorance and enslavement to a mind controlling hive). I make good choices of who is appropriate for me to socialize with, and can make the judgement without THEM determining the appropriateness of my choices and blackballing me based on my choices. THAT is messed up.

I think that my awareness of those rules changing makes my relationship with my mom difficult. I don't get the pubs, I don't know what they are saying, other than what I see here. So from one day to the next I am unsure how my mom will react to the latest 'light' that she is given by the organization/Hive. She went through several months of hardcore shunning until my dad gave her what for, and my sister got sick of hearing about it from both of us.

When will they do the study for that article? And what fallout can us disassociated, but not disfellowshipped ones expect?

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit