I came home to find my wife crying over THAT article.

by jambon1 73 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You gotta let it out sometimes or you'll go insane. I let it rip at my parents the last time I saw them, but I had to. They thought they had me, that they had control and they found out that things had changed. They got the fear of God and called the police and the only thing I had done was raise my voice. I didn't know I could be that loud, it was almost like an out of body experience. I can't change my parents but I can be the best person I can be.

Josie

• juni
    juni

Yep, this article will cause a lot of crying and pain. They want people to be that way to move them to action. Do more.......be more......

Juni

• blondie
    blondie

I had no emotional ties to my JW family several years before I stopped attending meetings. They made it easy for me. My husband left a year later although his heart had not been in it longer than that.

In the end you have to be true to yourself and your feelings. If your family have true affection for you your not attending meetings, etc., should not matter. Leaving the WTS puts a beacon on the reality of family relationships.

Blondie

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

I am the black sheep in the family. I think I can imagine what you're going through. You made the right decision and that's what matters most.
    sorry for my ignorance but who is Ted Jaracz?

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I also wondered what my mother would think when she got around to reading the article. How would she react to how the WTS is spinning my decision. Also I sympathize with you Jambon because growing up in a home where my father was an "unbeliever" (great father and provider) I was told my father would die in Armegeddon which was going to happen in a few years at most. How did that make me feel about my father? The man I looked up to the most. Its so fucked up, the best thing you can do is just be happy you've seen the light sooner than later. It may be hard right now, but hopefully that will change. Good Luck.

• jambon1
    jambon1
    sorry for my ignorance but who is Ted Jaracz?

Hes the head bummer in the governing body. What he says, most definately goes!

• Rooster
    Rooster

jambon1 when you leave Satins organization he make life harder for you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

An article on the governing body structure and it's members:

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/gbgrowsold.htm

• jambon1
    jambon1
    I was told my father would die in Armegeddon which was going to happen in a few years at most. How did that make me feel about my father? The man I looked up to the most. Its so fucked up, the best thing you can do is just be happy you've seen the light sooner than later. It may be hard right now, but hopefully that will change. Good Luck.

Thanks & thanks for all your replies.

I am happy. That bit about how you were to view your dad is so offensive and cruel. Im surprised some court somewhere has`nt taken them to the cleaners for being such a set of unbelievably bigoted gits!

They truely do dis-unite families.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

positive thoughts for you jambon1, this isn`t easy to deal with in "the daily reality of life" type of thing with a mate still a believer. Where do these group of cultish people get off just automatically thinking cause you leave and stop believing in what they preach, tell you "that you`re no longer a believer in God"??? Cause they say so?!!! Grrrrrr! That really ticked me of when my mom said this to me!

I believe in a God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit