I came home to find my wife crying over THAT article.

by jambon1 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Grace

I must tell you that I admire you. You have not become bitter. You did what you could to help a young person. That is the truly Christian thing to do-to love with deeds and truth. I wonder how this girl's mother explained to people at the Hall that she did not see her daughter. I have a daughter. I would never have allowed her to be parted from me. If through some circumstance it was forced on me, I would still have done my utmost to teach her what she needed to know upon becoming a woman, etc. and tried to see her and guide her.

• sspo
    sspo

At least you have a wife that dignifies you and allows you to have an opinion.

I was turned in to the elders for apostasy and dealing with it right now, ho yes, she is filing for divorce due to " apostasy"

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Yes, I know what you mean. For the most part my mom is ok and she does not hound me, but she has her moments and they seem to be connected to when there is a part about loving Jah more then your family that is not a JW. It is a catch 22, I am waiting for her to call an cry to me, but then again, I am hoping she will not because of taking the article to heart and with enough time passing she will return to feeling okay about calling me and speaking to me again.

A couple of years ago my mother told me how disappointed she was in me that she never thought she would have a child who would turn their back on Jah and she said it broke her heart. My response was just as cold as her words were to me ... I told her how disappointed I was that my mother was not as intelligent and independent as she raised me to be, in that she was being spoon fed arsenic laced "spiritual food" and was pretending to like it. I told her that if she thought that saying those words to me would motivate me or guilt me in to returning, if anything, it just reaffirmed my decision to stay away.

I know my mother means well and she is not a bad person, but it is like the battered wife syndrome, when this is all you know, think about how frightening it is to change. That would mean to her that there is no new system, that her polio, she will die with, that her mother that died, she may never see again, etc. Just the same as I am not going to say to the person who believe wholeheartedly that they will see their loved ones in heaven (because I do not believe that way) that there is no heaven and they will never see them again, I am not going to dash my mother's hopes.

If we value who we are, we will see our families black or white thinking as sad and their cutting us off as their loss. I cannot speak for all of you here, but for those who I have encountered, we are good people and until we reach that conclusion, when our families treat us in ways that are unhealthy, we will allow them to do it rather then put an end to it.

For those who have spouses in the religion still, I think the biggest statement that can be made in a non-verbal way is to continue to be a good person, continue to be supportive, but continue in the route that is the healthiest for you. Let me tell you it took years of research for me to reach that conclusion, so now when my mom says something it no longer has a hook in me and I just say "hmmmm" and change the subject.

Good luck to everyone, whatever your quest is.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Nowman said:

But I couldn't just stay in the org because I was worried about how my parents were going to feel, I just had to take my chances

I'm dealing with that situation, but took a different road. You said your decision tore the family apart, but it was really their decision to make to join this religion and allow it to push them around. I know what you are thinking, though. Not doing what you did - does that make me a hero? or is it going to end up destroying me?

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't it seems in some situations. Pick your poison.

I'll need to check out that article, it's obviously seriously playing on the emotions.

The more I think about it, the more I feel the government should step up their "freedom of religion" laws, making harrassment after leaving a religion illegal along with government sanctioned religion. They really get away with way too much. It's not right.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I AM SO ANGRY!

I cant do better than skip read that article! FURIOUS!

They just bang on about how the real big freaking deal is that they left Jehooba - the imaginary f***wit in the sky. Not that they have lost a real living person for a fake organisation.

I am so MADDDDDD!

Mrjones - thanks for directing me to where it was though.

Personally I hope my parents do have miserable bloody lives and get upset lots and lots! They have given me hours of grief - they deserve it back. Yes thats you mum and dad and especially you DAD because you are not stupid and you should have seen through this whole scam!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Personally I hope my parents do have miserable bloody lives and get upset lots and lots! They have given me hours of grief - they deserve it back. Yes thats you mum and dad and especially you DAD because you are not stupid and you should have seen through this whole scam!

hee. And I used to think my dad was the smartest man alive. Boy was I wrong!

• Terry
    Terry

A very reasonable question to ask is this. Who did Jesus shun?

Where do we find Jesus turning his back on people of any description?

Did he hang out with the religious zealots and shun the prostitutes, tax collectors and marginal sinners?

Christianity is supposed to be concerned with who and what Jesus was/did.

Instead, we get the views of Paul.

The Pharisees, Paul and JW elders all have more in common with each other than they do with Jesus.

JW's actually shun Jesus, if you stop and think about it.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

One thing that always passes through my mind when I read some "declaration" from the wbts is this.

This article has to originate some where. The Gov Bdy? The writing dept.?

Then it flows down to the printing dept.

Through this process aren't there some that see the idiocy of this? Are they all that stupid? Or are they as deceived as the rank and file?

Or are they a totally hate filled group of demented Psychopaths hand picked by the older group of Psychopaths?

Outoftheorg

• Will Power
    Will Power

Terry - to expand on that, didn't Jesus say that he didn't come to save the "good ones" but the sinners.
    In other words - hang around and influence the non-believers....

exactly the opposite of JW mentality

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Blimey crumpet..substitute the word dad for Mum and thats my opinion of my parents too.They thought when i left they could try the emotional card etc(ussually using articles such as this shitty 1 in the thread) ..then just got plain nasty with me.Why do JW,s think they can say the most evil,hurtful things?

My eyes finally opened and i cut them off about 2 years ago.They ring ..i curtly hang up.They see me at Sainsburys ,i walk in an opposite direction.They are nothing to me.Nothing.I will never want anything to do with them and will not attend their funerals when they die ..and die they will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit