I came home to find my wife crying over THAT article.

by jambon1 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Why do JW,s think they can say the most evil,hurtful things?

My eyes finally opened and i cut them off about 2 years ago.They ring ..i curtly hang up.They see me at Sainsburys ,i walk in an opposite direction.They are nothing to me.Nothing.I will never want anything to do with them and will not attend their funerals when they die ..and die they will.

Perhaps I would feel as if I have mroe control in teh situation if I could do that. I'd love them to ring just once (they never have - not in 9 years) so as I could put the phone down. But I know I wouldnt.

If we lived closer I'd love to ignore them - or better still to flaunt my happiness, my friends, my life - ME in their faces - but they live so far away it never happens.

but good on you fleaman for taking control! it has to be done!

• Fleur
    Fleur
    . i got angry b/c i knew this article would open up wounds that were just starting to heal. it made me angry b/c it keeps my parents hoping that i'll come back.

You said it, Jared! All I can tell you is that I get so livid at them for stirring the pot. You know they do it on purpose to string along people and to keep them emotionally hostage. It's so sickening.

I actually warned my dad that this article is coming out..because my mother is going to be a basket case. I can only imagine how righteous and justified in her shunning my sister will feel when she reads it.

Dramamine, anyone?

essie

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

What irritates me most about this disgusting article, is it gives hope that children who faded may return to Jehoopla's dumpster table any day now, if they just keep praying for us. Like we don't really mean it, when we say we're never coming back, and they can be all smug and think to themselves, "We'll see. That Watchtower says our loved ones might someday return to the truth, and we're to keep praying, and Jehoopla's door is still open, bla-bla." It's insulting our intelligence, like we can't possibly, really mean NEVER!

I just hope this doesn't have my parents all stirred up, either hopeful, then disappointed, or in tears because they thought they raised me to be a good person. Well, they did! I have a good job, college degree, nice home, nice husband, obey the law, pay bills on time, work hard, take care of my health and appearance, etc, but don't go to the Kinkdumb Hall. Only a Witless parent would be disappointed in a child who turned out like me. This article will encourage them to see us fader kids as failures based on sales meeting attendance and book peddling.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Make her start thinking for herself: put your arms around her and say, "sweetheart, do you honestly think that a God of love, who created all the puppies and kittens and this beautiful earth, would destroy me at Armageddon just because I don't go to meetings? Put yourself in His place -- would you, COULD you destroy someone you KNOW is a good person just because they don't believe the same things you do?" Or substance. Don't hit her with everything all at once because it will overload her brain and cause her to dig her heels in further. Just a well-placed question here and there, and LOTS of love so she can't mentally put you in the "evil apostate with horns" category.

Poor ol' Big Tex went through that with me for 15 years (I'm VERY stubborn), but I saw that he hadn't changed and I looked at how the organization/congregations behaved, and eventually I realized what a total sham the whole thing was. And yes, I've never been happier, less stressed or more content with my life. And I'm so grateful that my husband was patient enough to wait for me.

Nina

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Oh, and did you not realise that YOU have issolated YOURSELF from your family. Its not the witnesses who issolate. So you are a really bad man.

<sigh> yep. had that said to me alright. and, yes, we are the ones who chose to leave. but, this religion takes you hostage. Once you are in, the only way you can leave is in a body bag or on a gurney with a sheet over you.

• undercover
    undercover

Read that article and then listen to the experiences of those people coming home to their still-believing mate crying over it, or their parents calling, crying over how the article upset them, or being raked over the coals for bringing pain to the family by our leaving...

...and then try to say that it's not a cult.

• jambon1
    jambon1
    Make her start thinking for herself: put your arms around her and say, "sweetheart, do you honestly think that a God of love, who created all the puppies and kittens and this beautiful earth, would destroy me at Armageddon just because I don't go to meetings? Put yourself in His place -- would you, COULD you destroy someone you KNOW is a good person just because they don't believe the same things you do?" Or substance. Don't hit her with everything all at once because it will overload her brain and cause her to dig her heels in further. Just a well-placed question here and there, and LOTS of love so she can't mentally put you in the "evil apostate with horns" category.

Thanks for this good advice. I may have to wait a long time. It ius the only sad part of my life right now. Its a major thing though. I just wish that she could see through al the BS and come out. Time will work things out. As long as I stay out of 'drunkeness , glutony & womanising' I will be able to show her that there is a good life outside da twoof.

PS - just a quick thought; it may be that by getting her along to my social events, she sees that not all worldly people are bad. Hoping.............

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    A couple of years ago my mother told me how disappointed she was in me that she never thought she would have a child who would turn their back on Jah and she said it broke her heart.

yup i got this too

my reply...

well he broke mine first

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Watchtower 3rd Reich is trying to plug all the gaps. The internet, family connections with non believers, they are so vulnerable to critical inspection they are continually trying to make the organization hermetically sealed from the outside. How ironic for an organization that makes its bread and butter by trying to convert with an aggressive door to door campaign to undermine other peoples beliefs. They call it separating the sheep from the goats. They can dish it out but they can't take it. And if they tear apart loving family blood relationships that's just too bad. It is just another form of the Kool Aid drinking they demand of their followers.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

In my case its a little different. My dad shunned me for the longest while he was in..now he's df'd and seeing for himself all the pain he inflicted on me..yes I'm a daddy's girl...but i don't rub it in his face..

my mom on the other hand (they're divorced) she never really shunned me..the only time she would not talk to me would be for a couple of days of so when one of my uncle's(elders) or aunt's would ask her about her communicating with me too much..and so she'd stop calling for about a week...this never bothered me because she'd always end up calling me about some "business matter" to see how i was even tho it was never really a business matter..so im just waiting to see what she'll do this time in reaction to this article...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit