I came home to find my wife crying over THAT article.

by jambon1 73 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I came home today to find my wife crying whilst reading the 'When a loved one leaves Jehovah' article.

Its been a good few months now and I can appreciate how she feels. I really can.

But it just irritates me how my disagreeing with this religion has such a catastrophic effect on our everyday lives. I have`nt been unfaithful to her. I work really hard to provide a good living for our family. I am helpful to all our families. In essence, apart form my problems with the WTS I have`nt changed much as a person. And yet I feel disrespected because of my decision. I am made to feel less of a person.

This is all part of the fallout when someone leaves the religion, the tears, the depression etc. This is why I put it off for so many years. Its strange, but I have never been happier in my life. I think thats what hurts people in the truth. They cant work out how I can possibly be happy.

Boy, its hard. Its hard being a good dad and husband and yet in their eyes, I am a dead man. This is what hurts the most. Despit all my good points, I deserve to die an abrupt & violent death. This religion really unites families!?! Of course, I have to curb my speaking out of turn about anything like this so as to keep good relations but hell, sometimes I just wanna blow! Let rip!

Has anyone else experienced these feelings?

J

• jaredg
    jaredg

when i read that article posted here i cold just imagine how it was going to affect my parents when they got around to reading it. and then i got angry. i got angry by the way the WTS makes my parents believe that b/c i left the organization that i left god. i got angry at how the WTS puts the blame on me for causing all of this sadness when in reality it was there stupid shunning policy and their stupid "we are the only true religion" beliefs. i got angry b/c i knew this article would open up wounds that were just starting to heal. it made me angry b/c it keeps my parents hoping that i'll come back. so yes...i know what it's like to feel like blowing up and letting it all rip!

• jambon1
    jambon1
    i got angry b/c i knew this article would open up wounds that were just starting to heal.

Thanks jaredg.

This is how I feel. They just love to twist the knife.

Oh, and did you not realise that YOU have issolated YOURSELF from your family. Its not the witnesses who issolate. So you are a really bad man.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am sorry to hear about your pain, it is just as I feel, yet I too feel so relaxed and happy about my decision and my life. At least my wife has supported me in my decision, but the rest of the family treat me much as you are being treated, with confused contempt.

That is such an irritating article that will cause much pain.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Really the tears and anguish are caused by the fact that they believe in a system that isnt rational, therefore its constantly fighting against their normal thoughts and feelings. Your wife loves you, yet should see you as disaproved and foolish for turning your back on 'Jehovah', the two thoughts are having a hard time mixing.

CS 101

• Scully
    Scully

I just posted this yesterday on schne-belly's thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/117401/2063005/post.ashx#2063005

ScullyRe: FRESH OFF THE PRESS.... 9/1/06 WT "When a Loved One Leaves Jeh."

Post 10657 of 10659
    since 02-Nov-01
    THERE IS A ARTICLE IN THE WATCHTOWER TITLED “WHEN LOVED ONES LEAVE JEHOVAH.” YOUR DAD WANTED ME TO READ IT.

IT ONLY MADE ME CRY,CRY,CRY.

Ted Jaracz is making JW mothers around the world CRY with this effing article.

Does it feel good, Ted? Do you like making women cry, you heartless bastard??

IP: S/LzhCBuK4Attpg+
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Often my mother has told me that since I was never baptised I don't have an issue but it doesn't keep her or my father from shunning me and treating me like a df'd person. That article will only encourage them to continue with their cold and unloving behavior. But that's OK I have my own family and a host of other people who are willing to step in for my parents - like my grandma (by marriage) in Ohio - Love you Grandma!!!

Josie

• Nowman
    Nowman

When I left home back in 92 when I was just turned 18, my parents were devestated. They were in utter shock, I left while I was regular pioneer. No one knew, not even my closest friends, I had a secret plan for 3 months. My mom started drinking, eventually becoming an alchoholic, and my dad eventually felt he did not love my mom anymore. He stepped down from being an elder too, and mom eventually could not pioneer anymore. They were used to having me around, and one day I was gone, but this was the only way I could escape, I did it kond of in a cold way. But, if I did not do it this way, I would have given in to them. I guess what I am trying to say, is that me leaving tore my family apart. I am not saying I am responsible for their break up, because I am not, but it tore them apart. But I couldn't just stay in the org because I was worried about how my parents were going to feel, I just had to take my chances. I have not seen my dad since 92 but my mom eventually came around in 2000 when we reunited after 8 years, she is not an APOSTATE!!! lol, this word is so funny to me.

With you, its gotta be tough, I know. I may not have had the same experience, but sometimes you have to take your chances. You keep doing what your doing, your really sound like a great father and husband, you can only do so much. Whatever happens is going to happen, at least you will know that YOU did what you were supposed to do, and I always feel that if people continue this way, eventually we will be rewarded somehow or another.

Nikki

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I think thats what hurts people in the truth. They cant work out how I can possibly be happy. Boy, its hard. Its hard being a good dad and husband and yet in their eyes, I am a dead man. This is what hurts the most. Despit all my good points, I deserve to die an abrupt & violent death. This religion really unites families!?! Of course, I have to curb my speaking out of turn about anything like this so as to keep good relations but hell, sometimes I just wanna blow! Let rip!

Yes, I can relate as well, though I'm not an ex-JW. Instead, I am an "unbelieving mate". And as our new Kingdom Hall has recently discovered, I don't seem "rightly disposed to the truth." I've become a pariah, an embarrassment.

Though I have my ugly moments, and my hubby gets to see them all, I still think my patience, wisdom, and wealth of living brings a lot in to the marriage. Yet when my husband is in full JW mode, he dismisses it all.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, by the way, once in a while I DO blow up and let 'er rip. I rant on a bit about the cruelty of the society, how it's lack of love is proof it is cut-off from the vine, Christ. Sometimes it's the right time to do it, other times it sets us back a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit