I came home to find my wife crying over THAT article.

by jambon1 73 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome geko man!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Hey man, I can relate completely to how you are being treated. As a matter of fact, just tonight while the family and I were having supper, my youngest daughter asked me if it would be OK if she went to visit a friend of hers in Vermont. ( I live in New York ). After a while I asked my daughter if her friend could come and stay with us for a while. The response was that they are witnesses. ( My daughter has a "worldly friend" who's parents have NO problem with their daughter staying the night here.) So I said " Its because they are witnesses and I am disassociated". Well have you know I am not one to be disrespected. I said whats good for one is good for the other. If her parents wont let their daughter sleep over here, then I wont let my daughter go over there. I will not bow down to the WTS shunning games. I believe in equal rights. And I am quite vocal about it too. If they are going to treat me like a piece of sh-t, then they better get ready to be treated like a piece of sh-t too. Hope all goes well with you.

The Claw

• lilipad
    lilipad

I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. I HAVE MY PARENTS, TWO CHILDREN AND TWO GRANDCHILDREN THAT ARE STILL IN THE "TRUTH". TELL ME HOW TO BE A GOOD GRANDMOTHER TO CHILDREN THAT DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU EXIST. OR A GOOD PARENT TO SOMEONE THAT WON'T ALLOW YOU TO SPEAK TO HER. BOTH OF MY PARENTS ARE IN BAD HEALTH, BUT THEY WON'T ALLOW ME TO DO ANYTHING TO HELP MAKE THEIR LAST YEARS MORE COMFORTABLE. THEIR GRANDCHILDREN WON'T HELP THEM. I EVEN CONSIDERED LIVING A LIE AND NOT LEAVING THE JW SO THAT I COULD BE THERE FOR MY PARENTS. BUT I STILL HAVE A CHILD AT HOME AND I COULD NOT DO THAT TO HER. SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE A NORMAL CHILDHOOD AND TO ENJOY HER LIFE.

• lilipad
    lilipad

I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL, BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT YOU WERE ONCE THERE YOURSELF. THE PEOPLE IN THE ORGANIZATION IS NOT THE SCUM, THE ORGANIZATION IS. THE WAY IT MAKES YOU QUIT THINKING FOR YOURSELF, AND THE WAY THEY TREAT THOSE WHO HAVE USED THEIR FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND DECIDED TO LEAVE.

INSTEAD OF HAVING SO MUCH HATE YOU NEED TO FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION ON HOW YOU CAN BE A BETTER PERSON AND HOW YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP THOSE STILL IN.

CHRIS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit