my bethel servise left me seriously depressed!!!!

by xcaliber 102 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I got depressed because of the authoritarianism and legalism. I was constantly in trouble over everything. Going to bed to late, laughing too much while working, listening to the radio whilst cleaning the pool. The Watchtower Society behaves like the Pharisees and nowhere is this more apparent than at Bethel. If you read the book Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan it says that to determine if a controversial Christian groups could be a cult a person should observe the way they operate head office. Whilst in Bethel i came to realise Holy Spirit does not direct the organization (elders being promoted whilst committing adultery) and that is what really got me down.

X, Maybe you should read the article about preaching first. In answer to your question, 7 Day Adventist's started at the same time as JWs and have as many followers. That shows their preaching is as organised and effective as JWs. JWs want to believe only they are right, so hang on to whatever they think proves themselves unique. Reality shows that many other Christian religions preach just as effectively. Mormons preach about the Kingdom, just not the JW version of what the kingdom is.

• xcaliber
    xcaliber

The information JWfacts gave me in that website will be good for my reserch.IF ANYONE HAS MORE INFORMATION FOR MY STUDIES PLEASE SEND IT TO ME, OR LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND IT AND I WILL STUDY ALL OF IT. AND I WILL USE DIFFERENT BIBLES NOT JUST THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION. SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO TELL ME ABOUT MY JW ORGANIZATION LET ME HAVE ALL THE INFO YOU GOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• xcaliber
    xcaliber

I think charels taz rusle was a 7 day adventist. The problem is that while JW's have the watchtower and awake, and a large library that you can get on cd rom that tells you all about the religion. how do you learn about 7 day adventist and other religions. JWfacts how did you find out about these things when we never read any thing other then watchtower publications?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Most religions make good use of the Internet to allow access to their doctrines. Some great resources are

the Catholic encyclopedia http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/index.html

http://blueletterbible.org/ Blue letter bible has a number of translations, the original languages and articles.

The Bible Students are still proud of what Russell believed and so have his works at http://www.mostholyfaith.com/bible/Reprints/ and http://www.agsconsulting.com/

• dvw
    dvw

xcal. i can cure all your problems with one statement. here is what distinguishes the watchtower society from the rest of the christian religions. " they SECRETLY joined the UNITED NATIONS and kept it secret for 10 years. when it became public they FREAKING LIED about it." do some research. you have already proved yourself to be an apostate by communicating with apostates on the internet. either that, or you are a troll. i am leaning towards troll.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It is a scary thing to adjust to the real life. I can comprehend x completely. You basically have to start life all over again. It is a shock as many who have been there can attest. Seems like many here cannot comprehend what you are going through. But nonetheless they have provided good advice as to how to proceed from the bottom up. Buddy, you cannot go further down. It's time to take the reigns and start to manage your life.

w-a-c

x-elder x-bethelite (10 years to the Borg)

• xcaliber
    xcaliber

correction dvw I only stated facts on the web in order to get a broader view of my problem.I stated at the very begining I never have nor do I ever plan on leaving the organization. What happend to me at bethel has caused me to open my eyes and pay more attention to where I am heading. The problem with discusing religion is that people can over react and begin name calling, things like that. I simply want to have a logical discusion.If I had open my mind to information on the internet sooner I may not have been in this situation.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Lets calm down on the accusations a little bit. It is a lot to digest in just one day. xcaliber, take all the time you need to digest everything and keep us posted.

1. Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz (former governing body member of the jw's)

2. In Search of Christian Freedom by Raymond Franz

3. Combating Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan

4. The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonsson

5. Expecting Armageddon - Essential Readings in Failed Prophecy by Jon R. Stone

These are a few books that I found very helpful in getting a more balanced view on the organization without all their rationalizing and excuses.
    There are many others that you can find on Amazon.com

You might also check out the websites 

Freeminds.org - done by a ex-bethlite
    Randy Watters who has himself witnesses many horrendous things while at bethel
    as you have

reexamine.org - A website that
    consist of just Watchtower quotes from the past and present held up to light (no
    editorial content, just quotes)

silentlambs.org - Deals with sex abuse
    case hidden by society policy; contains a lot of respected video news footage
    such as dateline (nbc), BBC, etc...

and also perhaps just Google 'Jehovah Witnesses. As I said xcaliber, it
    is a lot to digest and it will take several weeks to do a decent examination but
    you have the time. Remember, it is important to do research 'on the other
    side of the story'... I like the way Paul said it in 1 thess 5:21 'Make sure of
    all things, hold fast to what is fine'

If the Jehovah's witnesses teach the truth, it will stand up to scrutiny.
    If they teach a mixture of truth and falsehood, that will also become clear.

• Scully
    Scully
    charels taz rusle

You really expect anyone here to believe you went to Bethel and were raised a JW from infancy until now - you claim to be 28 years old - and you don't know how to spell the name of the person who founded the JWs and first started publishing the Watchtower?

If you do, you're a complete fool.

Good bye, troll xcalibur.

PS, I've spent the last 15 minutes deleting your repetitious spam posts (#11 through 35, for a total of 25 posts deleted). I've wasted enough time on your crap, and so has everyone else here.

• anewme
    anewme

This poor man has been seriously suckered by the Society.

I wish you well Xcaliber!

Please continue with us and read all you can about this organization that has hurt us all in way or another.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit