my bethel servise left me seriously depressed!!!!

by xcaliber 102 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have not read all of this but wanted to say that at 28 you are very young. You have lots of time. Go to college. The state Rehab might help you. They helps lots of people. I assume you qualify b/c of income and you may qualify for other reasons, ie, being disadvanged. Get some kind of education.

If you want to sue the WTS, you may have a case, although using the race card probably won't get you too far. I doubt they kept records. But they can be sued on other grounds. They left you without any income or way to support yourself. But for goodness sake, don't be a whiner -you are way to young to give up. Get up and do something. You have a long time ahead of you.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I dont want to leave the organization because it is the only one that I know that is very acurate as far as bible teachings... xcalibur

I thought so too. Until I started reading a real bible instead of the New World Translation.

What really got me wondering about the Truth was the following comment in a WATCHTOWER:

w81 8/15 p. 28 par. 14 Serving Jehovah "Shoulder to Shoulder" ***

Reviling the pattern of the "pure language" that Jehovah has so graciously taught his people over the past century, these haughty ones try to draw the "sheep" away from the one international "flock" that Jesus has gathered in the earth. (John 10:7-10, 16) They try to sow doubts and to separate unsuspecting ones from the bounteous "table" of spiritual food spread at the Kingdom Halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses, where truly there is ‘nothing lacking.’ (Ps. 23:1-6) They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago...

• S.Lockman
    S.Lockman

Hello,

I have also served at bethel.The fact is that bad things happen to good people. I dont doubt this is a JW because most JW's canot spell

Charles Taze Russell. Because a persons ability to spell in no way determines his affiliation to this religious organization it is silly to say he is not a JW because he did not spell something correctly. There are JW's with reading problems, speach problems, spelling problems, but they are not disfelowshiped for this so there still JW's

• S.Lockman
    S.Lockman

It is no secret that a persons religion shapes there view of reality, just look at suiside bombers in the middle east. Now that was an exageration, but JW's view of bethel and the reality are very different. I am sure that if this same thing happend anywhere else x would not have taken racial discrimination as hard.People need to understand what bethel is like but that is hard because people who work there are not to talk about problems out side of there bethel department. And if you actualy go to visit bethel you get a tourguide who is trained to show people the beautifull land scape of the bethel complex. Talk about Positive things, your tour guide is not going to pull you to the side and say look before you send your children to bethel I need to tell you that unless they have a very vital skill or they know someone with pull in the organization they will never be alowed to get married and remain here. They wont tell people things like that. They sure wont tell anyone that if you go somewhere like wallkill you could run into some rasist people because of all the people they have from parts of the country where rasism is very strong. So people go to bethel with there guard down and get a sobering wake up call.

• sspo
    sspo

instea of arguing and wasting time on this board why don't you spent more time out in service , bring a few others in the religion and as you been told by GB your depression will go away,don't forget to study and pray

• freedom96
    freedom96

Like others here, I am very suspect in the validity of this poster.

One word for you....EDUCATION.....

Then, use it, and do something for yourself, and quit worrying about everything else.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Trolls are scum. :D

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"There are JW's with reading problems, speach problems, spelling problems"
    Hello S.Lockman and welcome to the board. How long have you been reading it then? How long ago were you at Bethel? Are you still one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    I think one of the problems as well is he is not communicating very well if he's being honest about who he is, which maybe.

smellsgood

• avengers
    avengers
    I asked if I could go to M.T.S. ( a school) so I could get some training

MTS is a school in the Netherlands.
    Were you serving at Bethel in the Netherlands?
    I know the people there.

Who was the one discriminating you?
    Maybe I know the guy.

Andy.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

speach problems

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit