my bethel servise left me seriously depressed!!!!

by xcaliber 102 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Lockman, I look forward to hearing more from you and your story.

• Scully
    Scully
    S.Lockman Re: my bethel servise left me seriously depressed!!!!
    Post 1 of 2
    since 24-Jul-06

Hello,

I have also served at bethel.The fact is that bad things happen to good people. I dont doubt this is a JW because most JW's canot spell

Charles Taze Russell. Because a persons ability to spell in no way determines his affiliation to this religious organization it is silly to say he is not a JW because he did not spell something correctly. There are JW's with reading problems, speach problems, spelling problems, but they are not disfelowshiped for this so there still JW's

IP: iRh0TaC6CGyb0tYI
    S.Lockman Re: my bethel servise left me seriously depressed!!!!
    Post 2 of 2
    since 24-Jul-06

It is no secret that a persons religion shapes there view of reality, just look at suiside bombers in the middle east. Now that was an exageration, but JW's view of bethel and the reality are very different. I am sure that if this same thing happend anywhere else x would not have taken racial discrimination as hard.People need to understand what bethel is like but that is hard because people who work there are not to talk about problems out side of there bethel department. And if you actualy go to visit bethel you get a tourguide who is trained to show people the beautifull land scape of the bethel complex. Talk about Positive things, your tour guide is not going to pull you to the side and say look before you send your children to bethel I need to tell you that unless they have a very vital skill or they know someone with pull in the organization they will never be alowed to get married and remain here. They wont tell people things like that. They sure wont tell anyone that if you go somewhere like wallkill you could run into some rasist people because of all the people they have from parts of the country where rasism is very strong. So people go to bethel with there guard down and get a sobering wake up call.
    xcaliber my bethel servise left me seriously depressed!!!!
    Post 1 of 24
    since 17-Feb-06

Let me tell you a little about me. I auxilary pioneered for a year, then I regular pioneered for 2 years while serving as a ministerial servant. Then I served at bethel for 3 years. While at bethel I worked harder then I have my hole life. I worked 17 hour days when when my overseer and assistant overseer was away and the crew was low on staff. I auxilary pioneered while I was there. And this might sound crazy but just to tell you how hard I worked, I would go to the library after work to pray,study and meditate then I would go to my room around 9:00 pm take a shower change my clothes then stay up in the library all night and then go to work the next day with out sleep. My roomate would wounder why I was never in the room all night.I did sleep some times when I would fall asleep in the library.I would do all these things because I wanted to draw close to Jehovah.But my crew overseer was very racist he would use rasial slurs ALL THE TIME I was being hurassed by the other 2 white members of the crew, I mean fisicaly. a 2 by 4 was thrown at me nails were thrown at me things like that. I told my department overseer and all he did was talk to the people responsible. this would make them more angry at me.I went to an elder and overseer of a different department, then my department overseer was angry that I spoke to someone outside of the department.Eventualy I got sent to the medical department, I worked hard to memorize medical terms so I could read peoples charts, I worked with elderly people I would change dipers things like that. But then Bethel began down sizeing, I was called into a room and told I would have to leave by 2 elders. One of them knew the rasist overseer that I worked with so I thought this was revenge for me speaking out about what happend. I did not have money for an apartment or anything, bethel dose not pay you for your work, Also I was not certified to work in the medical feild, or certified by bethel to do anything outside of bethel. so I asked if I could go to M.T.S. ( a school) so I could get some training I was told they would not send mr to the school. I was left with nothing and I was afraid to fight back because I did not want to get thrown out of the organization.To this day I still do not have a job, most of my life I was volunteering to help the organization.And 4 year universitys are not spoken of highly by the organization most are encoraged to volunteer to pioneer right out of high school. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE ME????

How dumb do you think we are, troll?

Good bye.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Not to make a fuss, but we were pretty harsh on this guy from the very beginning, culminating in a moderater calling him "troll". Which he deserved, definitely I'm sure. Well done Scully!

I wish the hate spewing JW believers that come here to start fights would get the same treatment. I'm just saying... we usually coddle them and hold their hands until they push it too far and get deleted. Same waste of time, different day.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear XCALIBER,

WELCOME!!!! We are so glad you are here!! I was shocked by your treatment at Bethel, yet, I was not suprised! What a terrible experience!! If I were you, I would get some schooling!! It is never too late. Wether full blown college, or technical school, many people have been able to get state grants to help them pay their way through schooling. You can do it! So.. many young ones were told not to get a education because the end was supposed to be right around the corner. Well now these ones are old. They are retirement age, and have no income to speak of. All thanks to bad advise, they daily struggle because of it. Jehovah expects you to use the brain that Jesus so wonderfully created on his behalf!! Get an education while you can! You will never regret it!! You don't have to put Jehovah in the back seat to do it either.

Hang in there, and again welcome!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I am 28 years old. I guess I could try to learn a skill. but I found someone I want to marry. and I am trying to have a family and forget all that happend. But it is almost impossible to get a job here. And my fiance wants to get married soon. I think this experienced has cripled me for a long time. Dear XCALIBER, One more thing....learn the skill BEFORE you marry!!! If you marry first, you will probably NEVER get the skills you need to take care of a family. Stress and anxiety from financialces puts a daily burden on the whole family. That is no way to begin a life together. Is there anyway you can hold off just a little while, so you can stay focused on getting some schooling? Once you get married and begin a family, it will be much, much harder to go to school. Putting your bad Bethel experience behind you will not likely ever happen if you struggle day to day. You risk being old, bitter and poor, and maybe divorced, if you don't put things in the proper order. I have seen it happen far too many times. Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Oh NO !!!! I am eating a boul of soup and I just heard my grandmother fart. I will never eat again !!" Never ceases to amaze me how a TROLL can keep a joke running for 5 pages and STILL be getting serious replies, after getting busted by a mod!! LMAO!! Gotta give them some credit I guess.....I smelled him from Post 1.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I smelled him from the moment I read the title and saw the poster had 1 of 24 posts. before I read post #1. So that makes me smarter than you, Kid-A.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I thought he was doing pretty good - at first he explained that he couldn't spell U.S.A., but soon he nearly got "BMW" and "cadilac" right.

My advice is to go ahead and marry that new wife, start the family, and then you can get the BMW on her credit.

Then, you can take her to work every morning, and at night you can "go and get her". (since you are such a real go-getter)...

On the other hand, you may have some problems with the I-Drive system to set the radio and the air-conditioning.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Scully u r good, well done

I am assuming Trolls are JW's who come on here and either sniff about trying recognise folk or just annoy people

Maybe they come on here and count their time!!

BM of the I didn't go to bethel class so I can spell

• greendawn
    greendawn

You were helping them out and they were reviling you so I am not surprised that you felt depressed about the issue, the key is to live for yourself and not invest time and energy to promote the interests of other persons or organisations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit