Favorite Band as a teenager........

by whyamihere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• apfergus
    apfergus

I really liked The Moody Blues (and still do, in fact), but the greatest band ever is still Dream Theater.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hm ok dunno why I'd laugh at Oasis, I still think they're pretty cool.
    A little bit of a rip off of the Beatles, but hey who hasn't?

Ok as for me:
    The Bangles
    A Ha
    Bon Jovi
    Def Leppard

The Cranberries
    The Sundays

BSoM

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Teenager from '79-85.

So that'd be Police (first album I bought Reggatta de Blanc), Elvis Costello and the Attractions (first single I bought Olivers Army), Ultravox (first gig I went to Manchester Apolllo '82 Quartet tour), U2 (War '83, bought with gift vouchers given by my PO for cat/house sitting.

• delilah
    delilah

Pink Floyd...AC/DC, the Sex Pistols, Motorhead, to name a few.

• mariposa
    mariposa

I was a glam girl....

Faster Pussycat

L.A.Guns

Skid Row

Motley Crue

Poison

Pretty Boy Floyd

All the local bands...Shok L'amour, Gypsy Rose, Smartass, TinselTime hahahahaha

Yes..yes...oh how I wanted those boys with big hair and makeup

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Stranglers
    Split Enz
    obscure Kiwi bands
    XTC
    Devo
    Talking Heads
    & bits of all sorts of punk and new wave from late 70's onwards.
    oh....and Kiss

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    My favorite local band was Little Blue Crunchy Things, they were from Milwaukee, WI.(even hung out with them)! My favorite song was Florence, I loved the Sax Solo by my long lost love Brian Elliot.(total crush on him)

They're even on "My Space"..... http://www.myspace.com/littlebluecrunchythings check them out if you want. You can click on my favorite song "Florence".

Brooke

I love Little Blue - Florence is the best song. It must be a local thing...I grew up watching them. I also loved Weezer, The Beatles, No Doubt, Green Day (their early stuff) ... there's more but that's off the top of my head what I used to listen to as a teenager. Oh Alanis Morrissette's Jagged Little Pill - I was obsessed with that 8th grade to Freshman year.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Tied between Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin
    i remember the first time i heard Jimi and "Foxy Lady". it was like a dropped a hit of reality right there, lmao.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hall and oats, duran duran, wham, thompson twins, ub40, peter gabriel, depeche mode, sade, the cure, and a lot of new wave/alternative stuff that I can't think of the names right now.

Josie

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Well ya can sure tell who the baby boomers are from the young'uns here. Oh I feel my bones creaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit