Favorite Band as a teenager........

by whyamihere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

THE JOHN BARRY SEVEN

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

my favorite band has not changed from when i was a teenage 'til now. i'm 44 years old, and LED ZEPPELIN still rules the rock'n'roll world!!!!

• evita
    evita

I was a teen from 73-78 or something like that.
    My favorites were the Eagles, Boston, Journey, Heart, and Fleetwood Mac. Definitely top 40 stuff.
    But I also listened to R&B like the Delfonics, O'Jays, Whispers, Marvin Gaye. Also funk like Frankie Beverley and Maze.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Since I'm still more or less a teen, I can just name my favorites right now. In order of most love:
    Earth Wind & Fire
    The Meters
    The J.B.'s
    Parliament Funkadelic
    The Ohio Players
    The Nite-Liters
    Kashmere Stage Band
    Bootsy's Rubber Band
    Chicago

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Gang of Four, English Beat, Specials, Psychedelic Furs, Talking heads, B52's and Pat Metheney (saw him live in Athens.)

Saw five out of seven, not bad.

W.Once

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Didn't get into the English Beat, but I loved the General Public album circa 1985...

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Dang, SirNose, you've got GREAT taste in music! You forgot the Commodores! "Slippery When Wet" is still all hot and funky. I have the live version.

Let's see, that would be 1975-1981 for me; pretty lean years music wise.

TEX!!!!! YOU HERETIC!!!!! What is wrong with you???

My taste has always been eclectic. In addition to the groups SirNose mentioned, I had lots of albums by the Bee Gees (don't you laugh at me! I can hear you over there!! Barry was HOT) and John Denver (yeah I like John Denver, wanna make something of it???).

I still like all the music I liked back then.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Abba and Boney M, that was in the late seventies.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    TEX!!!!! YOU HERETIC!!!!! What is wrong with you???

Waitaminute...where was the winking smiley face that was supposed to go at the end of that???...you know, this one...

Tex, ya know I like you, right??? I'm just kiddin'...Even if I think you're nuts for saying the late 70's were "pretty lean years music wise"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

genesis

yes, pink floyd, queen,

still are...i was just a child then - now i'm only a man

Split Enz
    first band i ever saw live...brill...and then when i was on hols in oz they played a reunion gig with the australian symphonic...even brill-er

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit