Favorite Band as a teenager........

by whyamihere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
  • gwyneth
    gwyneth

Started my teenage years in 1983....I was the biggest Culture Club fan ever, and my parents actually took me to a concert in 1984! My dad was an elder! Duran Duran, Adam Ant, Hall & Oates, Dire Straits, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, Howard Jones, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Glass Tiger, Huey Lewis & the News. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Firm when I had a crush on a boy who wore a marijuana earring. I also LOVED and had cassettes for The Kinks. Ray Davies=HOT. The Animals and the Zombies. I loved the White Album, Beatles. I spent hours trying to learn how to sing "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan.

My dad's favorite thing to say when he heard us singing in the car to the radio:

"Too bad you don't know the scriptures as well as you know worldly song lyrics!"

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was obsessed with Metallica. I wish they had hung it up after the Black album, you know, go out on top. Instead I've spent the last decade and a half watching the idols of my youth become an embarrassing parody of themselves. The "Some Kind of Monster" documentary was excrutiating to watch. Lars and James have become a couple of neurotic fools.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Earth, Wind & Fire

The Commodores

The J.B.'s

Ohio Players

Bootsy's Rubber Band

The English Beat

The Specials

Madness

Sir Nose I knew you were an Earth, Wind & Fire fan, I saw them in Manchester in May minus Maurice, and saw George Clinton last week. Still not bad for their age.

IRONHEAD.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Parliament / Funkadelic

Earth, Wind & Fire

wicked

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

black sabbath, ted nygent, the gap band, arthea franklin, hank williams, teena marie, kool and the gang, sly and the family stone, and did i mention black sabbath.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Dang, SirNose, you've got GREAT taste in music! You forgot the Commodores! "Slippery When Wet" is still all hot and funky. I have the live version.
    --asleif_dufansdottir
    Thanks! Oh, I have some Commodores, but I didn't get into them as much as the others. I like Machine Gun, Brick House, and Lady (You Bring Me Up), of theirs. But that's what I'm into, a whole lot of funk. I've put together compilations for myself and friends, just so they can see where their hip hop came from.
    Sir Nose I knew you were an Earth, Wind & Fire fan, I saw them in Manchester in May minus Maurice, and saw George Clinton last week. Still not bad for their age.
    --Ironhead
    I've seen them only once, and they were with Chicago. They both rocked. I bought a shirt there and I don't want to wear it for fear I will get food on it. :D

• juni
    juni

I like eclectic music also. Let's see....... I was a teen in the prehistoric times ' 62-' 68

Beatles and other British groups

Supremes and other Motown records

most all of that era's rock music

Abba, BeeGees, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Wham!, George Michael, Simon and Garfunkel, Bryan Adams, - my memory fails me.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot.

Better write it down you young ones as you can see what happens to your brain as you age.

Juni

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

The Stylistics, Elton John, Chicago, Blood Sweet and Tears. 70's bands. OHH the Memories.

The Claw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit