Favorite Band as a teenager........

by whyamihere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

My favorite band from the time I was 14 until I was well into my 20's was Journey...I met Steve Perry in the airport in Salt Lake City after seeing him in concert, (solo). He was someone I thought I would pass out if I met. Funny thing is...my husband was going to the bathroom in the stall right next to him in the airport! He was a really nice guy...very talented! But, my all time favorite band as it stands now...U2!! Saw them in concert in Salt Lake City in December and it was the closest to a spiritual experience I had had in years...(hmm, wonder why)

~Ursula~

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

U2 (I already learned how to ignore those preaching to me so Bono didn't/doesn't bug me)

Def Leppard

And now all of you can laugh it up with the following, but when I was sure no one could hear or see me, I'd listen to:

Heart

The Bangles

Miami Sound Machine

I am a British invasion fan....But a fanatic for great guitar players-

Led Zeppelin, Queen, UFO, Robin Trower

Plus all the gun slingers from the 80's-

Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani.....

• unique1
    unique1

Early Teenage years - Poison

Late Teenage Years - Pearl Jam

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Hmm, so teenager from 93-00, I went through some phases but it was mainly Kilgore Smudge, Gorilla Biscuits, Warzone, Nirvana, MxPx, Pennywise, and Bad Religion.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Am I the only one here who had almost all radio stations and CD's banned in her household in those delightful JW teenage years? No alternative, no rock, no hip-hip/rap. And nothing that sounded "disrespectful." Well, that left "Singing Kingdom Melodies", of which my favorite was song number 15, but now I don't even remember what song that was.

But classic rock was allowed, so I got into that in the later teenage years, and discovered Fleetwood Mac much later than anyone else. "Landslide" is my favorite song.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Am I the only one here who had almost all radio stations and CD's banned in her household in those delightful JW teenage years? No alternative, no rock, no hip-hip/rap. And nothing that sounded "disrespectful."

HELL NO ; You're not the only one... I musta' went through 6 copies of Metallica's ; "Master of Puppets" before I left home... I did my best to hide them, but well, you know how the searches go probablly...

,Mike

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Well, that left "Singing Kingdom Melodies", of which my favorite was song number 15, but now I don't even remember what song that was. -The Good Girl

Life Without End At Last

LOL, sorry I couldnt' help myself. (Oh crap, now it's stuck in my head.)

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Am I the only one here who had almost all radio stations and CD's banned in her household in those delightful JW teenage years?

No you aren't. I was just very skilled at hiding all my cassettes.

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<Am I the only one here who had almost all radio stations and CD's banned in her household in those delightful JW teenage years?>>

I lost soooo much music because my parents would search my room and toss it. I just gave up after a while, stopped buying music and kept my favorites with me at all times.

No radio, unless it was country (umm...no thanks) no videos, nothing "alternative" and on and on.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit