Favorite Band as a teenager........

by whyamihere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Mariposa, you rock girl!

I would have to say, in no particular order, along with my favorite album by the artist.

Van Halen w/David Lee Roth: Fair Warning

AC/DC: Highway to Hell & Back in Black

Iron Maiden: No particular favorite album though I tend to play Powerslave a lot.

Ozzy Osborne: Blizzard of Oz

Motley Crue: Shout at the Devil

Def Leppard: High 'n' Dry

Judas Priest: British Steel

The Scorpions: Blackout or Animal Magnetism

I could go on and on...

• Arthur
    Arthur
    but the greatest band ever is still Dream Theater

Hey apfergus, I love Dream Theater! Very few people have ever heard of them. My favorite song by them is Trial of Tears ( I love the live version that was recorded at Budokan)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was a teen in the late 70's . Rock On by David Essex my favorite.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Tool... and um Stevie Wonder.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Don't laugh... Oasis.

Well I liked Oasis too.....but I wasn't a teenager when they became popular My favorite bands--all the hair bands from the 80s. Yep. Plus some old school hip-hop, like Digital Underground and Soul II Soul. Anybody who did Freestyle too.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

also as a younger teenager, I liked: New Edition

Force MD's

and of course , Prince and the Revolution

Michael Jackson

& Run DMC

• damselfly
    damselfly

Nirvana and Pearl Jam

Tori Amos

Dams

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I should clarify that my teenaged years were from 1983-1990 so I was big into Duran Duran especially in 1984-1986...then I got into Depeche Mode (epecially when Music For the Masses came out) and Siouxsie and the Banshees (still two of my most favorite bands), and after graduating high school, I got super into Led Zeppelin and the Yardbirds in 1988 and 1989...

• JeffT
    JeffT

I turned 13 in 1964 and 20 in 1971, that's a lot of territory musically. Beach boys, early beattles, Paul Revere and the Raiders (there's a local connection) Jefferson Airplane, Cream, Doors, Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, later Beattles, King Crimson...

The list goes on.

I'm still mad that I tossed all of King Crimson when the WTBS convinced me they were demonic.

• Twitch
    Twitch

lol, Dream Theater
    I have the "Awake" release (no pun intended)
    progressive metal, eh? u know Death Angel? Act III? a little more thrashy but kicks proverbial a**

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit