Goodbye and Swansongs

by LittleToe 113 Replies latest jw friends

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

little toe,

perhaps you can enlighten me. why would anyone read a post they have no interest in, ie goodbyes and swansongs, and then start a thread critisizing people who are interested in them. some of your threads; what kind of kisser are you?, how gay are you?, would you wear your underwear..., etc. hold no interest for me so i don't read them. i'm sure with a little self control you could do the same with goodbyes and swansongs.

j2s

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hmmm...

...nope, don't know you...

Though I do wonder how you read "criticism" into my thread...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

j2s

So do you complain about everything?

Geez, I've seen you harping on poor Scully, now LT.

You strike me as the type of person who'd bitch about the rope he was being hung on.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

LOL.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

For what it's worth, when I posted my "Not a goodbye, Just a see ya 'round" thread I was posting an average of 14.7 posts per day. I have had this account since October and have logged nearly 4,000 posts. Some people have gotten accustomed to me being here nearly 24 hours a day, and I thought I was being considerate of them by letting them know that I will drop from insanely-ever-present poster to occasional poster. I got a good many PMs from people that I had no idea were even reading my posts, I am glad I let everyone know.

I guess I see the issue as one of notifying those with an expectation of support that the support will be reduced considerably for a time. In my case, if I can manage to get to where I want to be in four years time I will be back with both guns blazing. If I can't I will postpone my guns blazing.

Courtesy of SixofNine, Leolaia, Narkissos, PeacefulPete, and many others I have to relearn a lot that I thought I had already learned. I know the Bible backward and forward, but I need to add more depth and breadth to my knowledge. That takes time.

My average has dropped by one post per day in only a week. I felt like that sharp of a change in the support level I can offer deserved a bit of an explanation, and while I wouldn't say goodbye Google I don't think I am Google's friend, nor would I want to meet up with Google at a coffee house if I were ever in Google's neighborhood. If this place is a place of healing, where the human spirit can mend itself—a place of group therapy of a sort—then the patients who come here seeking group therapy rightly depend on the individuals in the group to some extent.

I guess, when I Google I just see electrons. Here I see people. In pain. Confused. Happy. Lame. Intelligent. Empathetic. I have never described a results list from Google as any of these. In my opinion, this is neither like Google, nor JUST a Web forum. If it were, it wouldn't be nearly so hard for me to limit my posts here. But, that is just my opinion.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok:
    a) LT, you had me at Goodbye. Thought you were bidding adieu to us as well.
    b) I think that as you said, it can be overwhelming at times and various people that we clash with here and there sort of grate on our nerves and so we need a break. Sometimes out of a bit of anger or frustration we decide to take off. Be it a permanent break or just a short hiatus, we still need to take some time off. And maybe to some it is a measure of growth to be able to break ties and go on their way, which to some degree may be true. Plus, as JW's we sort of had that either or mentality. Not a lot of in between things happening.
    c)I guess this would be a bad time to say Goodbye, lol. I think it's better to say Til we meet again, leaving the door open for future adventures with our cyber friends. I've had my moments where my Irish temper (no offense to the Irish on the board, hell maybe it's a French temper and I just don't know it ;) ) and have thought "That is SO it, I'm totally outta here." But then....
    I think about how many times you wonderful people have been there for me and I think it would be incredibly selfish on my part to just take off.

BSoM

• serendipity
    serendipity

I personally like people to tell us they are leaving or taking a long break, which let's us know it is an intentional absence rather than an unintentional absence due to something like - say - death.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

your replies were just about what i expected. poor scully indeed. i'm sure even she got a laugh out of that. little t i appreciate the answer, but the question wasn't do you know me. if you care to go back and read the questions and answer them it would be helpful. if not, then i understand. you wouldn't want your friends catch you speaking to someone you don't know would you? this is an example of what happens when someone thinks that thousands of posts of the, me too, bttt, and lol variety makes them a supreme one. big t, yes i complain about everything. does that bother you? or is it only when you disagree with the complaint? if agreement and happy talk were required on jwd then i guess there would be nothing but who do you want to do and how would you want to do it threads.

i appreciate the goodbyes and i don't know what would constitute a "swan song" but if you feel a need to post one i encourage you to do so. i may not know you but that is ok by me.

j2s

• Es
    Es

I have said goodbye, i thought it was the polite thing to do, to say thanks for everyones help, i didnt do if for attention or anything, but i have many good friends who i will keep on this board, but its just feels right to leave, Im not saying that coz i have moved on so should everybody here.

I will be having a baby in Nov and my life is going to get really hectic with two kids, and i need to focus on that more than anything.

es

I also wanted to be able to come back and post pics of bubs, and i feel that some of you will laugh at me and say "See told you she would be back"

• juni
    juni
    some of your threads; what kind of kisser are you?, how gay are you?, would you wear your underwear..., etc. hold no interest for me so i don't read them

LittleToe! Now these are very important issues to discuss.

ES - I understand why you posted your "good bye". Don't worry about LittleToe. He doesn't have anything better to do than to harass a pregnant lady. lol

Take care of those little ones and we all will be looking forward to your pictures!! Even LittleToe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit