Goodbye and Swansongs

by LittleToe 113 Replies latest jw friends

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

lt,

i find it hard to believe that you could be embarrassed by anything. if your answer to my first post ("hmmm...nope,don't know you...") didn't embarrass you then what would? i thought your post sounded critical and es obviously thought you were being critical whether you thought so or not.

it really is sad that you think posters like parakeet, serendipity, kw13, fleur, es, and myself are predators because we appreciate someone thinking of us as more than something that came up on google. but that's your call.

if you feel the need to give into temptation, my advice is don't. the reason shooting fish in a barrel is so easy is the fish can't shoot back.

j2s

• LDH
    LDH
    I am often gone from here for weeks or months at a time, and think that no one really notices or could care less whether I post or not.

Well, that's true.

I'M JUST KIDDING. . . all posters have a lost to add, I wish more would tell their stories.

Actually, it's time for me to bow out. Not only have I been crunched for time like Little Toe, but I'm not a big fan of certain moderator tactics.

Many many times I've chimed in because I felt someone had to be the voice of common sense from a "worldly" perspective and not from an EX-JW perspective. I think my time spent with you all was time well spent. I hope you get a chuckle when you think of me from time to time.

It's my hope that something that I've written has resonated deep within you....so that you don't feel alone.....it wasn't just you......something's rotten in the state of Denmark, allright, and it stinks to high heaven.

Stay in touch,

[email protected]

All my best wishes.........

Lisa

The One and Only Class

• blondie
    blondie

Lisa, I hope it is just a break. I like your posts and your work with JR Brown will not disappear.

Blondie

• Confession
    Confession

Oh well. There goes another outstanding contributor.

Bye, LDH.

• free2beme
    free2beme

They want attention and to feel needed. It is human, and message boards lend themselves to it in an easy way. Seen it more times then I could count and when ever people claim it is not that, it still becomes that. It is a fact in the message board business.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I don't like "Goodbyes"....why not "see you later?" I think it's normal to take a break and some may come back and post and others may not. Whatever works for you...It takes all kinds to add flavor to the board, some make it delicious and others make it interesting (for lack of a better word!) I enjoy reading the many and varied viewpoints and topics...thanks to all the posters for broadening my mental horizons!

Swalker

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    But if you say Goodbye......................because youve gotten over it ..........................thats just mean.

I agree. I hate the good bye threads, but I read them.

I come here everyday, or most everyday, and read, and learn, and wait. Wait ...for what? .... The WTBTS to fall, my parents and siblings to show up here, new posters to show up and share their excitement and fear, and old posters to come back and tell us how they are doing.

lisa

• under74
    under74

well....I never said good-bye....not that anyone would have missed me.

I did feel bad when I couldn't post the threads for Dansk but...I couldn't. And if you don't see me after this post..........

GOOD-BYE

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well, I missed ya before and I'll miss ya again Lisa. Your acerbic wit has kept me stimulated

Does Denmark really matter so much when you can have your own little piece of Agincourt?

For you, never au revoir, always bon soir!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    as far as pms are concerned, i feel they are too much like the backroom at the kh and prefer not to use them, especially when there is a dispute involved. this is an open forum and i think any thing said should be said openly.

just2sheepish

That is so paranoid! I'm guessing you haven't had too many pms from people wanting to exhange email addresses and get to know you better then? Because that's primarily what I use it for.

As for hurling criticisms at LT for "fluff" threads - is it beyond your comprehension that some people here enjoy personalities that exhibit several dimensions rather than just the one? That he can be equally capable of serious debate, humourous exchange, trivia, empathetic support? And that is why he is so well-liked and respected generally.

One thing I will agree with you on - I do find it a tad irritating when some posters don't contribute much beyond the "me too" without actually giving any experience to support it and seem to be aiming at boosting their supreme status! So I'll try to stop that now I've been caught!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit