Goodbye and Swansongs

by LittleToe 113 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor
    That he can be equally capable of serious debate, humorous exchange, trivia, empathetic support?

Well said Crumpet - Very true.

Being serious all the time of just Jehovah’s Witness bashing can get boring. It is good to see the humour in people being expressed.

It all depends on whether we are trying to cultivate a web persona or are brave enough to just be ourselves.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Trev

cultivate a web persona

is this like cultivating the new personality of christ?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

wow...........lot's of testiness floatin' around on here...........could be the weather............could be because Mercury is retrograde..........could be cuz i just float through life with an empty head and am only capable of contributing a "me too" or a "LOL" from time to time..........yeah, that's it, I just post enough to boost my status on the board........you should see the graph I have hanging next to my computer! It's in color and everything!!!

Terri

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terri:
    Gonna have to show me how to create one of those cool graphs

I'm certainly glad you resurfaced, also

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I'm certainly glad you resurfaced, also

thanks, hon.........we all go through those downtimes..........and, i consider this forum almost family, even though i've only known most of you from your posts........i still see the personalities shining through.......i just remember that family get on each other's nerves sometimes too....... right back atcha!

• juni
    juni

Many thanks to Lisa (LDH) for her contributions. JR Brown interview is very enlightening. I'll stay in touch with you; thanks for your e addy.

Juni

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I don't have any friends.

[thwacks Big Tex upside the head] (Yes, Brandon, I DID notice!)

Nina

• bisous
    bisous

no goodbyes or swansongs for me, and I have been severely inactive for some time. Most of the posters (thread author excepted) that interested me are long since gone ... so I cruise through very infrequently. HOWEVER, who gives a fig if someone wants to construct a good-bye? a little thread with some words of explanation...no skin off my nose. If it is something I don't think I'm interested in, I apply the same self-management/censorship I do with television, the ringing telephone, the buzzing doorbell ... *you get my drift* ... and I IGNORE IT! I say refer to The Four Agreements: Don't take things personally. Don't make assumptions. Be Impeccable. *the 4th one don't apply, if ya want to know it look it up yer dam self* and bisous' most favorite: Live and Let Live! *sends friendly muah's to the ever stimulating LT*

• free2beme
    free2beme

Don't you think it might have to do with people who spend a lot of time here, breaking away when they realize it is becoming to important in their life.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings All,

This thread reminds me of Sinatra, he said it best. And now, the end is near;
    And so I face the final curtain.
    My friend, Ill say it clear,
    Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.
    Ive traveled each and evry highway;
    And more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
    But then again, too few to mention.
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;