Dansk
    calamity jane "of the nobody misses me anyway class"

ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE!!

Give my love to Dave,

Ian

• wednesday
    wednesday

LT

you have such a gentle way of saying things. I like reading your posts.

I have grown so much since I found this board in 02. So many different posters have helped me, whether they know it or not. I hope that I have said something to help someone. I know I have tired, and will continue .

weds

• Merry Magdalene
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

LT Good on you!

I agree with the sentiments you make here. I am overcome with the length of the post - most of yours seem to be 15 - 20 words. Cat let loose of the tongue, mate?

Jeff

• parakeet
    parakeet

***So, what are we here for? Is it merely for entertainment? Is it to help out? Is it to find a voice and evolve; Is it to meet up with other "survivors"?; Is it to sharpen our teeth on doctrine, policy, argumentation, history, or life in general?; Is it to grow and help grow?; Is it to make a few friends, and hopefully not too many enemies?***

There's one more reason. Many people come here in an emotionally fragile state and are hoping for support to see them through their crises. They may come to rely on posters here and eventually to see them as friends. Not that any one poster is more important than another, but I think it's a courtesy to your friends to let them know if you will be away for a lengthy period or permanently. Everyone, including me, was wondering what had happened to Gumby and several others when we didn't see their posts. I was afraid he was ill. I would rather see the "swan songs" (in spite of the occasional ranter) than wonder what happened to posters who suddenly drop off the radar.

• Honesty
    Honesty

GRADUATION DAY!

• Jourles
    Jourles

I admit that I started one of those threads a few years ago. I think I might have said all of two words in it, but nonetheless I had to leave. At the time, I had a loaded spiritual shotgun pointed right at my head. The WTS had me by the stones and I was trying to minimize the damage the best I could. But once the damage was done, I was back as my old self in a hurry(as you can tell from the 2000+ posts I have now).

• lowden
    lowden

Hey there Pict!

Goodbyes on the forum are maybe from people who need a bit of attention and love, it's a cry. It's not really necessary but they need someone to give them some emotional energy and float them a bit. It's natural, if a little sad and forlorn. It will be quite a while before people start to miss a 200 poster like me but hopefully my private life is sufficient enough and carries the clout that's needed for me not to really care that much....respect and all.

Peace

Lowden

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm embarrased to admit that in the past I have enjoyed posts from everyone who has replied here, and have flirted with most of ya! Methinks I've been around a little too long...

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Hey Mega! Went great. I am so proud of Joy! She rode 100 miles the first day. She is not used to the hills here in the Pacific NW, but she made her way to the top of every one of them! We finally rolled across the finish line Sunday at about 5:30 after two long days of riding.

You women are phenomenal. A 200 mile bike ride!

Did Steve meet you every 20 miles with a fresh Starbucks? lol.

congrats, ladies, on your accomplishment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit