Goodbye and Swansongs

by LittleToe 113 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Emo:

That would be one reason I don't post anywhere else (aside from having less and less time). I've been invited to other boards but to be honest I find it hard enough to keep up with this one!

Besides, I still recall vividly my reaction to getting online in 1995 and finding an exJW board that was nothing short of vitriolic. It stopped me from ever desiring to try that again. Another six years of wasted life would pass before I decided to leave the WTS, and not without some trepidation I went looking for something online again. After exchanging a few emails with Randy Watters (who posts here as Dogpatch, and hosts the Freeminds site) I found this place, and the rest is history.

Crumpet:

Isn't that Swanlake, rather than swansong???

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Trevor:
    Now THAT'S an astute post, from start to finish. As ever I enjoy your perspective, so please keep posting!

• trevor
    trevor

AW - Thanks Little Toe

Your not so bad yourself.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Funny, I've been thinking the same thing. Quite frankly, the good-bye threads, for the most part, are boring. (Isn't that one of the eight deadly sins? "Thou shalt not be boring.") I mean, get over yourself already!

Sometimes there is a good reason to let us know what is going on, such as Dave and Mouthy. I think Mouthy was cancelling her internet since she was very clear that she was dropping out as of the 15th. I'm glad she let us know, and Dave as well.

I think of this as an on-line support group with a revolving door. A drop-in center if you will. I am here mostly for distraction. Having been out for over 30 years, I don't need a lot of emotional support. But being raised a JW is a life-long influence and its nice to come here and share a laugh and a thought with those who have had such uniquely similar experiences.

Thanks for starting this thread, LT.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

holy crap, LT 10,000 posts? !!!

yeah, I pretty much feel the way you do about the good bye thing. I always thought it was more of an attention seeking sort of thing.

I posted a thank you thread after I was here a year and somebody thought it was a goodbye thread, which it wasn't intended to be. I thought that was kind of funny.

I sometimes get too busy or tired of a board for a while, but if I start getting pretty involved, I generally always go back to it eventually. If I never really sink my teeth into a board, I typically don't even go back to check it out later.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    That sounds vaguely familiar, but I've not repeated those words in about four and a half years

Funnily enough it was meant to sound familiar although couldnt think of the exact words...glad the point got across though lol Great thread!
    DB74

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Goodbye JWD forever!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Well said LT.

I'm still here but haven't posted lately, but I do visit this site on a daily basis to keep up to date.

calamity jane "of the nobody misses me anyway class"

• peggy
    peggy

clamamityjane said it best-------of the no one will miss me class. I really think people say their good-bye to see if anyone will take notice! Why not just ask for a hug!

GROUP HUG!!!!

Peg

• evergreen
    evergreen

Have to agree with you LT. Never say never.

I swan off all the time , but i always check out the posts and occasionally send a post. For me i can never go on the internet without coming to this forum. Amen to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit