Gregg Stafford returning to the Big O

by Amazing 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

greetings Steph,

: Nothing pushes Farkel's buttons more than a defence of "Scholars" of Stafford's, Furuli's or Carr's ilk...

...unless it is Island Woman defending those "scholars".

I've actually talked with IW some years ago. She is as crazy live on the phone as I am on the board!

I wish nothing but the best for Greg. I know (I think) what he, with his superior intellect and knowledge is going through. When I was faced with the same dilemma, I chose the low road. I got OUT. Greg is taking the toilet road. And he will be flushed. He doesn't yet understand that the WTS will flush him away the second he rankles them too much. I flushed the WTS down the toilet many years ago and took away their power over me.

Furili is a fake scholar and Carr is a racist pimp almost a worst sham than Jesse Jackson. I have no respect for either of them. I still like Greg, though. (I've bashed him a bunch of times. That tells those who know me, I like him.)

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Eduardo,

It is such a pleasure to see you comment in here! Gosh! I miss our old discussions and arguments. You were always the gentlemen, and I was always (still am) the raging bull!

You said about Greg:

: Ok, Good for you Greg. Enjoy your occassional meeting. Keep doing whatever you are doing and let the negativity slide off your back.

Assuming that you are still a dub, Eduardo, LLD, I find this comment of yours interesting. Maybe things have changed since I was a dub, but it is rather hard to "enjoy" any "occassional" meeting. The "elders" and other "spiritually strong" folks (major cultists) are always dogging those who try to "enjoy" an "occassional" meeting. You are either "in" that religion or "out" or even worse "on your way out." They live in a black/white world without tolerance or mercy.

If you are not "in", you are always a person of suspicion. If you are "out" or "nearly out" you are pond scum. They live in a world of judgment, paranoia and suspicion. Not to mention SUPERstition.

I would like to meet you someday, Eduardo. I must warn you, however, that my head swivels around 360 degrees, and I'm famous for hurling split-pea soup. Other than that (oh yes, I levitate and use crosses for some filthy personal pleasure), I'm a pretty decent guy.

Farkel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Like 'Eduardo', I view the comments of Mr. Stafford not as a suggestion that he is returning to the WTS as a dedicated Jehovah's Witness, but more as those of a man who has lost his way returning to the comfortable trodden paths of a past life.

To retrace ones steps and revisit history in order to better understand the present is nothing to be ashamed of, on the contrary this is understandable when one has been indoctrinated as a JW for any length of time. Removing the stain of the cult from ones emotions is not an easy matter.

It has to be noted however, that in his past defense of the WTS Mr. Stafford has shown a theological and ethical confusion indicative of person who is speaking as they grow. Often, semantics have been his fortress and the limelight his armor.

My own opinion, for what it is worth, is that Mr. Stafford’s mentality has not kept pace with his biology and he is regrouping hoping to find some solace in things familiar. The familiar may have its ugly side, but it seldom surprises one with feelings that we are not equipped to control, or even handle.

Good luck to him. My only advice, should he want it, is that next time he should think before he leaps lest he parodies a Don Van Vliet lyric – ‘everything is wrong, and at the same time it is right’.

HS.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

It's good to see so many old JWD posters 'resurrected" by this thread, good of you Amazing. As for Greg, he is not returning to the dog's "vomit", maybe he is just going back to examine it momentarily. Some people get off the toilet and look back at the deposit. It doesn't mean they are sick. Maybe a healthy curiosity. :-( Time will tell if this is a marketing ply or a less noble return to the toilet. Maybe it is just a good mind caught up in doubts like a great computer caught in a 'loop'. I will hold judgement until he reveals more. Steve

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Farkels said:

I wish nothing but the best for Greg. I know (I think) what he, with his superior intellect and knowledge is going through.

Hillary said (and I agree):

It has to be noted however, that in his past defense of the WTS Mr. Stafford has shown a theological and ethical confusion indicative of person who is speaking as they grow. Often, semantics have been his fortress and the limelight his armor.

No one acuses me of "superior intellect", but once primed to do the research, it took me all of 24 hours of concentrated study on the blood issue to see the WT organization for what it is. Then again, my fragile ego didn't see the need to take time out of my personal research to write a book defending a group of cloistered idiots from Brooklyn. Greg seems to be working on the 24 year plan.

• IW
    IW

Farkel,

I've actually talked with IW some years ago. She is as crazy live on the phone as I am on the board!

Is that so?!

Getting back on topic, I don't think anyone deserves the treatment Stafford got on this thread just because he's going back to the Witnesses. Why not just let the guy do what many exJWs claim the Watchtower does not allow: give him the freedom and dignity of his own conscience. We have it why not let him have it too. Or do exJWs have all the answers?

As always just my "crazy" opinion.

Good to "see" you again, Farkel. Hope all is well with you.

IW

• observador
    observador

I believe there is good and bad in the organization, just as both were among Jehovah’s people of old, and in Jesus’ illustration of the harvest. I left the organization before because of the “bad”; I am returning now for the sake of the “good.” I do not expect that either will be missing, but I want to see them both again that “at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established” (Matthew 18:16 ).

This reasoning is not only convoluted, but also reveals how good Mr.Stafford has become in applying obscure and totally unrelated Bible texts to prove whatever one wants.

Ok, Mr.Stafford, go for it!!!

Observador.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I Think that what's happening here is something I think many, if not most, of us can relate to, i.e. a pragmatic capitulation to a bully who is holding his family hostage.

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

LOL LOL YEA I would like to take money on the barrel head on that one.

Going back to hear more lies!!!! Is it to have his ears tickled????

THE TRUTH IS THEY HAVE NO TRUTH, A PIG IN THE MUD.

When is a cult not a cult??? When it comes to a END!!!!!!!!!!

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Well... mission accomplished. He got us all talking, ces't non? I wonder if he is leaving his book sales up to Jehovah?

FBF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit