Gregg Stafford returning to the Big O

by Amazing 87 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Don't be too hard on Greg,

keep in mind folks that if you or i were to approach the avg jw on the street standing next to their CO out in service and let them know that we are former jw - we all know that practically every jw would shut down like an ATM machine on the 3rd wrong pin number

but the net is different, we actually see jw- actually consider themselves spiritual minded, supporters of the organizaiton, yet we chit chat with these cats on a daily basis

you all know full well that we could never have a face to face discussion with them in the presence of their elders or any an elder in front of his fellow elders like we do online

so online for jw is a differnet world all together-

we have literally seen a jw take the time to examine the wt dogmas and we all know- it takes awhile for some folks to digest and deal with the ramiifications of accepting that the wt has bamboozled and hoodwinked them

it ain't easy at all and for some folks they roll up outta that camp very quickly, then others they have many issues to settle in thier mind,

many have family still in, husband wives, kids , mothers fathers, etc and for each person who has additional factors to weigh - leave at different times

i have seen folks tell me straight up I know this ain't the truth, go back and attempt to accept what the wt says and it is mental angish- and in a couple of years and sometimes months they roll up outta that camp again

so give my man some time and room each person deals differently when it comes to digesting and deciding what to do once they have tasted freedom from the writings of the Boys in Writing

personally i see a man struggling

it was not until i was facing the decision as to what do i do now with the information i know about the wt--

did i fully understand why ray called his book "Crisis of Conscience"

and in my exp and personal opinion, that is all we are loooking at, we are actually seeing with our own eyes a man struggling with what to do

one thing is for sure- one you get that "Apostates" stuff in your head about the wt, you can't get it out

]

i have actually had folks tell me

"I wish i never knew this about the wt"

it shows how difficult is it for most humans to face Truth

any good psych student will tell you that this is called Defense Mechanisms

just my 2

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hey, IW,

Let me rephrase what I said: you are a very INTENSE and a very NYC INTENSE person (NYC INTENSE is more intense than any other intense in the known universe).

Where I come from that intensity is considered to be kinda crazy. Where you live, that may be considered normal. Sorry for not clarifying my former statements.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Room 215,

: Think that what's happening here is something I think many, if not most, of us can relate to, i.e. a pragmatic capitulation to a bully who is holding his family hostage.

This is called "Christian Love(tm) with Absolute and Unwavering Loyalty in Freedom of the Sons of God Even When We Are Routinely Wrong, Whcih We Routinely Are". Fuck up the victim if they don't capitulate to "what is in print" or even if they have a different way of thinking that is not "in print". Jesus would be proud of this, since he published (and later revised) so many books himself. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

JT,

We simply need to speak again. It's been several years, "Mr. elder", and it is about time.

Mail me through this board and I'll give you you current contact information.

How is your college education coming, btw? Is is as good are your many years at Bethel? HAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel, doin' the Pioneer Shuffle(tm), shakin' the bush, boss

• IW
    IW

Hi Farkel,

Hey, IW,

Let me rephrase what I said: you are a very INTENSE and a very NYC INTENSE person (NYC INTENSE is more intense than any other intense in the known universe).

Where I come from that intensity is considered to be kinda crazy. Where you live, that may be considered normal. Sorry for not clarifying my former statements.

Farkel

No offense taken Farkel. I never take offense, friend, though my "intense" responses may appear that way.

I truly hope you are well and happy and I hope your old and rude buddy, AlanF is also.

I'll soon be running away from exJWs and so if I don't get to speak to you again please know that I love and respect you and wish only the best for you and yours.

Keep well!

Island Woman

P.S. See you in the next life.

• Farkel
    Farkel

IW,

: I truly hope you are well and happy and I hope your old and rude buddy, AlanF is also.

AlanF is a sweetie. I'm the jerk!

Don't disappear without leaving contact information, ok?

PM me and I'll give you mine.

You are a fun and challenging opponent or whatever-it-is-you-are on this board!

Farkel, New Yorker at heart, but So-Cal. surfer in reality

• Deleted
    Deleted

Hmm. I never read much of his stuff. So this is presumption on my part.

He lost his friends and family, and nothing replaced it. And he still must believe in Satan, so he has to go back.

I wish him well.

Glen

• JT
    JT

Hey man

check your mail

thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit