Gregg Stafford returning to the Big O

by Amazing 87 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

I would like to know how in the world if he saw " bad " in the Organization and wrote about it and not get DFd

He would get DFd on the spot. unless the GB made special provisions for him, excpecially if he says nice things about them.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Again, without taking into account any "hidden agenda" on the part of Greg, an alpha male type leaving the Watchtower organization is faced with a dilemma: How do I regain all of my lost respectability, friends, and power? "I will go back to my mother, who has given me all these things, and ask for them back! Why am I sitting in rags and eating slop?"

It is no wonder that many alpha male ex-JWs end up getting consumed in prophecy and Revelation for some renewed meaning in their lives, write books that establish them as some sort of unique authority not found elsewhere (especially in the churches of Christendom), and then spend the rest of their lives trying to regain what they have lost through new adventures. I have seen so many come and go that way over the last 24 years. One obvious fact fits them all, they cannot accept the early Christ of history but must re-clothe him with a cult identity.

Randy

• minimus
    minimus

How long will this last, though?? Can an obviously intelligent critical mind stay neutral and hopeful forever? I doubt it. We all go through stages of doubt, pondering and so forth. I went thru the cleansing process for years. Where was I going to go?? Eventually I realized I needed a back up for emotional reasons---to not be left alone. Once you realize that JWs aren't the only friends or support one can have, it's EASY to get out.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

The only power that JWs have is what they think they have and what other JWs accord them in this small world. That is why labels are so important in their world.

But Stafford doesn't have a label, and that carries its own prestige and exclusiveness. It is a position he is afforded and that means nothing to anybody, except in the JW-world.

While I don't think Stafford holds any position per se, I do think he enjoys the special prestige of being able to hover ever so slightly outside the rules other JWs have to live by, and flaunt it in his own way without repercussions.

As Randy said, time will tell.

Axel

• Amazing
    Amazing

I agree with many of the comments, especially what Randy Watters had to say, as he gives a balanced perspective. Although, Willyloman said it in a succinct style, "Dog, returns, vomit." It will be interesting to see just how things turn out for Greg.

Jim Whitney

• metatron
    metatron

Poor Greg. I guess you can't sell your books if the Watchtower labels you an "apostate", huh?

metatron

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

With all due respect, Mr. Stafford seems to be a few sandwiches and a watermelon short of a picnic.

• heathen
    heathen

I can't believe they didn't DF the guy . Now that's very strange . Let's see , you renounce your religion and just get a little slap on the hand , get caught celebrating thanks giving .... judicial hearing . hmmmmmmmmmmmm . I think the angle he should have gone for was being shunned then exposing the treatment from there ..... Ahh well . It wouldn't be a literary masterpiece anyway ......

• IW
    IW

OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! LOL

What a pitiful thread. So Stafford decides to return, so what! Or are exJWs so pitifully small they must degrade anyone who decides to return to the religion they themselves once kissed ass to?

Cut the bull. You all kissed the man and you liked it. So Stafford decides to return does Whitney or Dogpatch have a religious place for those who are searching? Does Ray Franz? No!

Grow up!

IW

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    What a pitiful thread. So Stafford decides to return, so what! ; Or are exJWs so pitifully small they must degrade anyone who decides to return to the religion they themselves once kissed ass to? ;

Cut the bull. You all kissed the man and you liked it. So Stafford decides to return does Whitney or Dogpatch have a religious place for those who are searching? Does Ray Franz? No!

Grow up!

Nick off, Island Woman! The only person who needs to grow up around here is you, with your luke-warm, foot-in-both-camps refusal to make a move either way. You're Greg Stafford's Mini-Me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit