Gregg Stafford returning to the Big O

by Amazing 87 Replies latest jw friends

• IW
    IW

Under_believer,

I don't know the particulars about Stafford's elder situation. I do, though, know my own. I had elders who were very understanding and patient. Without going into detail here they could have disfellowshipped me if they had wanted to but they didn't. They exercised quite a bit of allowance and left me alone though they knew I opposed the GB. Perhaps Stafford has a similar situation, I don't know.

My only point here is that Stafford should be allowed the dignity of his own conscience and his own decision making. Who are we to find fault?

IW

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hello again, IW,

I see you have spent nearly 20 nanoseconds sharpening your powers of logic since we last spoke and/or interacted:

I said:

Back to the frying pan and back into a cult. I guest Greg calls this "progress."

You replied:

: I hate to interrupt this testosterone fest but shouldn't Greg be allowed his freedom of choice according to conscience or does disagreeing with the exJW powers that be amount to disagreeing with the GB?

Firstly, your mention of "testosterone fest" is a red herring and has nothing to do with anything. Certainly my comments cannot be judged to be that. If I accused you of having a "estrogen fest" it would be just as stupid as your accusation.

Secondly, you put up a strawman. I never opined that Gred didn't have any freedom of choice or conscience to do what he deems best for himself. I merely lamented his decision. Thirdly, you set forth an argumentus idioticus (I made that up. You know, the kind females on an "estrogen fest" ask: Present two negatives when you only meant to present one).

: or does disagreeing with the exJW powers that be amount to disagreeing with the GB?

Well, if disagreeing with exJWs amounts to disagreeing with the GB, it means if you don't like what apostates are saying, you don't like what the GB is saying, either. Or, if you agree with the exJWs, you would also have to agree with what the GB is saying.

Go to bed, dear. It's late where you live.

best regards,

Farkel

• Fleur
    Fleur

OMG Farkel LIVES!!!

essie

of the out cold from shock, class!

• Amazing
    Amazing

IW,

Your logic is nil. If someone escapes from a life of drugs, and then after being clean a few years, goes back to it ... it is like the dog returning to its own vomit. The Watchtower is a bastian of dysfunctional toxic religious vomit of the worst kind. There has been enough written on their nonsense to fill a library.

Yes, we once swam in their vomit. Now, I, and many others are clean of it. I am not going to stand by and say its okay for some guy with Greg's talent and intelligence to go back and drink the toxic vomit. If you call that a put down, then its too damn bad. I stand by my view.

Farkel: Good work, and nice to see you hitting hard ball.

Jim Whitney

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I will trust in Jehovah that he will correct whomever needs correction and that he will adjust whomever needs adjusting, not for my sake, or for the sake of the organization, but for the sake of his holy and glorious name

*dies laughing*

This allows him to return as a martyr in his own mind. I watched my own father pull this same bull-crapola for years; "The brothers don't treat me right, there are many things wrong in the org, but Jah knows I'm right, I know I'm right, and he'll exhalt me in his own time and then they'll be sorry!"

Pathetic...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Jim, you and Randy make a great deal of sense. My first reaction was much like when I heard someone else had returned to that sect: "If that's what you want -- whatever."

But your analogy to drugs struck home. Put in terms I am more familiar with, it would be similar to a woman returning to the husband who beat her for years with no promise that the beatings would stop.

Chris

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Farkel: Good work, and nice to see you hitting hard ball.

Nothing pushes Farkel's buttons more than a defence of "Scholars" of Stafford's, Furuli's or Carr's ilk...

...unless it is Island Woman defending those "scholars".

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Jim, you and Randy make a great deal of sense. My first reaction was much like when I heard someone else had returned to that sect: "If that's what you want -- whatever."

But your analogy to drugs struck home.

The trouble with Stafford's return, unlike that of any lesser mortal, is that he carries with him that fake ring of scholarly legitimacy.His recapitulation to the Borg's agenda makes it that little bit easier to entrap those still in. IOW, he is an enabler of abuse. He's nothing more than the Borg's pet Judas Goat.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Gregg has returned to the same nowhere he never left.

He is man who as far back as he can remember shrunk the source of an infinite universe down to tiny little deities existing only within the dark and shriveled confines of his mind. He has never had the sense to see; so being a Witness again only amounts to changing the position of the rock upon which he lays his head in his damp and feted prison cell.

j

ps, nice to see you around again, Amazing.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WATCHTOWER, April 1, 1986, pages 30 & 31, "Questions From Readers"

(...)

"Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. What do such beliefs include?

That the great issue before humankind is the rightfulness of Jehovah's sovereignty, which is why he has allowed wickedness so long. (Ezekiel 25:17)

That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28)

That there is a "faithful and discreet slave" upon earth today 'entrusted with all of Jesus' earthly interests,' which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47)

That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ's foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15-12:10)

That only 144,000 Christians will receive the heavenly reward. (Revelation 14:1, 3)

That Armageddon, referring to the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is near. (Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21)

That it will be followed by Christ's Millennial Reign, which will restore an earth-wide paradise.

That the first to enjoy it will be the present "great crowd" of Jesus' "other sheep."-John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-17; 21:3, 4.
    The once-reformed dragon chaser returns to his opium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit