Do you see your self remarrying?

by Cabin in the woods 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Where have you been and why did you leave? We love you and missed you. Please stay!

Heya, Happy Dad! That's so sweet of you! I've been taking care of some medical probs and have things pretty much in hand now. Fixin' to move back to Beaumont next weekend.

I'll be here. Don't know another place where I can come in contact with peeps I can relate to, yanno. This place is the greatest!

Hugs,

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    P.S. Welcome Back Frannie! Good to hear from you again!

Thanks, Cyrus! Glad I'm back, too!

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie I really, really missed you! You were always so kind to me when I was new here.

Glad you are back. Dont tell anyone I posted this ok? Dont want to get in trouble for messing with the thread.

LOL, Cab! Mum's tha word, ya sweetie patootie!

Hugs,

Frannie

• Calliope
    Calliope

it would have a to a spectacular relationship where emotions and love i've never had evoked before were present.
    hmmmm.
    so, i guess the answer is no.

calliopé

• Khufu
    Khufu

My answer is yes!

I had a pioneer mariage, my ex didn't want to have kids, etc. We had a great life together, until I left the org in disgust, and our marriage crashed down.

I had just one idea in mind: flee from that insane org, and have a real family at last. I'm craving for exchanging unconditional love, and become a dad.

But I also need open-mindedness and tolerance. I'm wondering if I could find such a rare pearl.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

It's extremely unlikely that I would remarry.

But one practical thought that might peruade me to: because I am divorced and my children are adults, my pension dies with me. I am tempted to marry an 18 year old just for the pleasure of thinking of the organisation I worked for having to pay out the pension for the next 60 or so years.

(Well, yeah, OK, not JUST for that particular pleasure, but you get my meaning.)

• Sirona
    Sirona

It appears that the signature on the marriage certificate didn't mean too much to my husband.

Sirona

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

On a more realistic and serious note than my last post - I was married for 23 years and have been divorced for 4 (how time fly!!). Still very good friends with the ex.

Whilst married there was never any playing around. Since divorce I've had a number of casual flings and a couple of short-term relationships. - probably the 'kid in a sweetshop' syndrome.

One thing I have learned about me is that casual sex is a pretty empty thing. I, for one, would rather have an evening of holding hands, cuddling and smooching with someone I really cared for (and who reciprocated the feeling) than a night of unrestrained 'beast with two backs' with someone for whom I felt little other than the attraction of lust.

Am I just getting old?

• Sirona
    Sirona
    One thing I have learned about me is that casual sex is a pretty empty thing. I, for one, would rather have an evening of holding hands, cuddling and smooching with someone I really cared for (and who reciprocated the feeling) than a night of unrestrained 'beast with two backs' with someone for whom I felt little other than the attraction of lust.

I agree with you completely. Maybe we're both getting old LOL

Sirona

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Hi Sirona!

Glad it's not just me! And I don't FEEL old ... !! (Well, not to me, anyway).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit