Do you see your self remarrying?

by Cabin in the woods 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

hmmm,

Actually, if I was going to indulge myself in a fantasy, I would:

start a new sex camp.

I'd call it X-JStock or something. It would be like an annual summer camp for X-JWs.

This weekend-long camp would be adults-only. It would consist of sex, perverted sex, sexual fantasies, orgies, and straight missionary sex (for the newly converted xjdubs).

Anything you couldn't, wouldn't, didn't or did (but just didn't tell anyone) do as a jw...we'd do at camp.

I think that would be way more interesting than picking out a wedding cake.

• mouthy
    mouthy

If I am divorced or widowed, I would never remarry - I'd just fornicate. Thats the tress I know !!!!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I don't see marriage as the only kind of commitment a couple can make to each other. To me, marriage is a legal contract. It has nothing to do with commitment. About half of all legal marriage ends in divorce. What happened to the commitment in those marriages that ended in divorce?

To be sure, under certain circumstances, marriage offers you legal rights and benefits you won't otherwise get. On the other hand, I've learned that when there is no legal marriage contract, it can become much clearer how true your commitment is. I find that not having a legal contract makes it very clear to me why I am staying. I am not staying out of a sense of duty: I am staying because I truly love Andy and I want to stay.

Amen sister! I totally agree with you on this. I would be scared to death to do it again. Twice is about twice too many for me. and a third time? Well I highly doubt that is in the cards for me. t would take seeing someone a very very very loooooooooooong time.

As a Jw we were told to get married so that we did not commit any fornicating. I see that this was so very bad. So many opeople do not have a chance to get to know each other and it takes a bit to loose that mindset. When you do, the world opens up to you.

Terry- I am sorry you are going through all of what goes on in a divorce. I know it can be so hard. Hang in there and handle yourself in the classiest of manners so that you have no regrets when it comes to your actions. thats about the best advice I have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit