Do you see your self remarrying?

by Cabin in the woods 112 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Finding someone who is sensitive and caring and who is lonely like yourself and who wants to spend alot of time with you and just be near you and with you and hold you and love you is a wonderful thing!

I found someone like that after my dfing. Rather he found me.

What a difference it makes in life to find a soul mate, someone who says he wants to die the day you die.

I think its worth kissing frogs to find the prince!

Dont give up Cab!

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I remember something that was always said to the single sisters in the congregations here in Vt.... It is far better to be single and lonely than married and lonely. Harsh truth.

• Scully
    Scully

It occurred to me that not too long ago I had crossed the threshold of being married for more than half my lifetime. I had mixed feelings about that realization. I decided quite some time ago that if I was ever single again, there would be no remarrying for me. It took me too long to figure out who "me" was, and as much as we go into relationships hopeful that who we are doesn't get buried or lost to the other person in the relationship, I know that I have the co-dependent tendency to allow it to happen, gradually, as a result of wanting to "please" someone else. I am not prepared to let that happen again.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

After being married to an 'uber' dub for over 22 years she left and got an 'unscriptural' divorce. I had been losing my faith and she wasn't gonna put up with that anymore. *See my profile.

With all my family and kids shunning me, I wasn't looking forward to another relationship. I was very afraid of getting hurt again after investing so much time & emotion. But, after 5 long years of total solitude and abstinece...I gave up. I needed someone in my life and after 2 years of looking in mostly the wrong places...I found her.

Even then, I was so scared of a real commitment, I was ready to run. If it had not been for her understanding, empathy and dogged patience I would have ended our relationship. She had been thru a couple of horrible relationships...this time she was was not going to make "that same mistake again" that is, she realized she was going after the "wrong type".

I thought about a JW or Ex-JW, but, I decided to never go down that road again. A "weak" or Ex-JW could always bow under family and their "Bible trained conscience" and go back to the KH. For me, that was too big of a risk.

I've been together with her for almost 4 years now and I married her 2 years ago. This was the best thing for me and we are happy.

Life is risky and our years are limited. We can sit still or go out and look for happiness. There are no guarantees, but, it worked for me.

Yay, us !

The Rabbits

• Robdar
    Robdar

Right on, Mr and Mrs Rabbit!

Your post gives me hope.

• damselfly
    damselfly

No. I like the idea of marriage but it just isn't for me. The boy's parents are (not so subtly) dropping hints that's it's about time. He knows better :-) told them that if he did that I would run.
    Good boy.

Dams

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Robdar, good luck.

The most important trait I was looking for, which was sorely lacking in my 1st marriage was...empathy. My wife has that in spades. She's kind hearted, generous and open-minded. She puts everyone at ease instantly, I've never seen her meet anyone who did not like her.

There aren't that many out there like that and I was lucky to cross her path. I mentioned "looking in all the wrong places," I found her by going to a 'Personals' service on the phone where you choose what kind of relationships you are looking for, i.e. "Men looking for women for LTR (long term relationships) in a certain geographical area. Men have to pay, women don't. The really nice thing was you can hear the person's voice while they describe themselves and the type person they're looking for. It's very safe, because, each person has a 'code#', if you are interested in a certain 'poster' you press a # to leave a message and even request a 'live connection' if both of you are online.

Just listening to all the "ladies" recordings easily lets you skip (quickly) to the next skank/ho/ to eliminate the riff-raff. The ones who sound sane you try to talk to later. I discovered I had led a very sheltered, naive life as a dub, there were a lot of peeps out there with serious problems. I wasn't getting many replies to my ad, so, I went and listened to the Men's ads. I got a real education on just what women go thru dealing with "Man -- the Pig" I could not believe what these men were saying to "bait" women. The majority were sickening -- and vewwy, vewwy scawwy ! You poor women ! This is safe, because, they'll never know your real name or # unless you give it out.

Yes, I persisted. There were a few women I wanted to meet. Being able to screen out so many, so quickly, I could concentrate on the good ones. When I finally came across my now honey, I had listened to hundreds, maybe thousands of women. She stood out and we still talked for a month & a half, before meeting in person.

It may seem to be an unorthodox method, but, I realized that bars, churches, KH's, restaurants, etc. just were not going to work. People seem to be more at ease when they aren't facing the person right at first.

Listening to the men's ads was a boost of confidence for me...I realized I really was a nice guy.

Anyway, it worked for me.

Wabbit

• Robdar
    Robdar

Thanks for sharing your story, Rabbit.

I, too, am looking for a mate with empathy but not some girly man who tries to act all sensitive so he can get into my pants.

I never look in bars anymore. Seems to me that the men there are only looking to get drunk and get laid. I've tried on line dating services and met nothing but men who were looking to get drunk and get laid. I've met men through work who only wanted to get drunk and get laid. I was starting to feel like I was surrounded by swollen, walking, lying, penises so I've dropped out of the dating scene.

I've never thought of using a phone service. I'm not even sure that we have any in this area but I am going to look. As I said, your story gives me hope and I think it's worth a shot.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Well, I am now married for the second time. I love my wife but if something happened to her I would probably get married again. I enjoy having a companion to share lives with and the sex thing is not bad either.

• mouthy
    mouthy

HA! HA!!! I am going to have the nerve to answer THIS one... I am 79 was 58 when my hubby died I have had 3 marriage proposals. ---refused them all.. But I might have had a few pennies in the bank had I said yes!!!! They all went & "kicked the bucket.."
    But if there is an old man out there that wants to take me to see SIR Tom Jones( he is playing at the Hamilton Place).I will condider marriage ((((LOL)

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit