Do you see your self remarrying?

by Cabin in the woods 112 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont see myself remarrying..

did that once cuz it was the only way to get PRESENTS as a jw..

i got a mop , a bucket, some cleansers... a hall tree.... and a cake pan. I DIDNT EVEN GET NEW TOWELS!!

married 18 yrs .. been divorced 5 yrs.. not gona do THAT again!

anyone ever shows me that " husbandly owner" scripture again is gonna find a bible stuck in an orifice of their body!

• jojochan
    jojochan

Well....let's see......

At first glance I was about to say no....but then there's that part of me that loved being married, that loved the idea of you and the "better half" of you against the forces of evil (lol) working together, loving together, growing old together. I wanted what my parents have. Even though they went through some rough and tough sh*t. 34 years! I could'nt imagine what it's like to be with someone that long. I envied that about them.

I once said to myself that I would never put myself in that situation, since being married to a dub too. But then that part of me feels that I would get f@cked just the same on the outside.

damned if you do or don't; right? To answer your question though....

I don't know.

LOL at rodbar,

I was starting to feel like I was surrounded by swollen, walking, lying, penises so I've dropped out of the dating scene.

. You just HAD to put swollen there in that context right?

jojochan.

• vitty
    vitty

Cabin in the woods

You are so true when you said its worse being married and lonely, than being single and lonely.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I don't really see the point in marriage and have always been some what skepical of the whole idea. I truly believe it's just a peice of paper. IMO living with someone is the way to go. You can be just as committed. A lot less legal issues to deal with when it comes time to split (if you are smart and keep your assets separate). When you are legally bound to someone and they hate you (chances are at the time of divorce) they can do you a lot of damage.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Granted I've never been married, but I've been pretty close to being married and I'm deathly afraid of commitment right now. I recently just put myself out there to a guy I thought was honest with me only to find out that he had a wife and three kids and was lying about loving me and all this other jazz... I am definitely not going to commit myself to something like that anymore. Relationships are way overrated.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Unbeliever:

I don't really see the point in marriage and have always been some what skepical of the whole idea. I truly believe it's just a peice of paper. IMO living with someone is the way to go. You can be just as committed.

I used to feel that way too until I got married. It is not the same.

at Jojo.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Not married, and never have been. I am living with my boyfriend, an ex jw like me, who has been married before, and we have discussed marriage, but have no firm plans to tie the knot just yet.

If it does happen, you guys will be amongst the first people to know about it though.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Robdar

Don't you think you can have those things without being married?

Sirona

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sirona:

Robdar

Don't you think you can have those things without being married?

Hi Sirona, I don't want those things without being married. Living together is not the same as being married. For me the sex was even better when married. There is a sense of deep trust when you know that the person you are with is not afraid to commit to you legally. I've lived with men and married men. Married is better. Hey, didn't you get married a couple of years ago? Seems like I remember a thread.... Cheers, Robyn

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Perhaps someday, but I think that if I got hurt again my heart would just implode. Can not even think about it without shivering

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit