Do you see your self remarrying?

by Cabin in the woods 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm divorced the JW one.

Got enganged and then dumped that one.

Got engaged again to someone else and dumped him.

Got engaged and actually married the next one. And then dumped him.

My track record isn't very good.

I really don't think I want to go down that aisle again.

• karen96
    karen96

I am so sorry that so many have had such bad experiences, but I respect your desires to stay single.

For me, after I divorced my ex jw elder hubby, I would have loved some "Me" time, to hang out with other (worldly) singles, and re-establish my relationship with my non-JW family. But I met my husband just as I was exiting that marriage, and I thought "If love comes again, I'm not going to postpone it. Who knows when it will come again?". We were married 2 years after my divorce, and now I have to beautiful boys, ages 6 and 2. I wouldn't change a thing.

karen

• lola28
    lola28

Not married, have never been married and never want to get married.

Lola

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I used to say that I would never remarry. That was until two years ago when someone came into my life that I thought was the onewho would be with me always......someone I could spend the rest of my years with. The romance part of it didn't last but we are still friends..........long distance friends.

As for my life today, I wouldn't mind meeting that someone special, but as to go as far as marriage......probably not. If it didn't work out and she wanted out, there goes half of everything I have.

But I'll never say never.

HappyDad

• serendipity
    serendipity

Well, I've never been married. I've had MR Wrong, Mr. Not quite right, etc and if I ever find Mr. Right, sure I'll marry. Until then, I'm pretty content being single.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I don't think my hubbie would like that idea.

Nor would my wife.

However, if God forbid something happened, no I wouldn't. Dating is way too much trouble. I'm very strange in that I don't mind being by myself; sometimes I even prefer it.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Not just no, but HELL no.

I say that, but it would be nice. (maybe not) I just don't see me allowing anyone to get that close again. Plus, I don't seem to be able to meet guys. I quit the bar scene. No church for me. So I guess I'm stuck with me. Self-confidence has been as issue. Heard for too long, blah blah "no one else will want you, blah, blah, blah".

I might entertain some applications, though.........LOL

shelley

• minimus
    minimus

nope

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am married, and happy, but if something happened to either one of us ... I think we would both think at first that we would not at first, like most people do, but we would most likely change our mind in time. I think personally, I would like to always have someone to care about, who cares about me, I don't always need a ring as that is something that was required as a Witness. I just know I would not want to be alone to death.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I do want to get married again. I want to have somebody to look forward to seeing at the end of the day. I want to make love and snuggle in the strong arms of the man that I love and trust. I want to smell his warm scent all over me. I want to take care of this man, fix him dinner, listen to how his day went, fight his battles with him, grow old with him. There is a feeling of trust and committment that, imo, only comes with being married. Yes, I want to be married again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit