Do you see your self remarrying?

by Cabin in the woods 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Given your past life experiences and your current enlightenment would you ever get into that level of commitment again?

Myself, no.

cab

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have been divorced 18 years.........I think NO for myself as well.

purps

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think my hubbie would like that idea.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

did initially...but gradually getting resigned to not...not so much by choice tho..well not mine..and not thru fear of commitment

• merfi
    merfi

I just don't know... and funny that this comes up as I'm just barely starting out in the 'dating scene' as a fresh xJW, and free from any sort of relationship for nearly 7 months...

I'm finding I don't care much for this dating thing. lol Too much work, too much stress when the 'spark' is one-sided (not mine).... Plus, my ability to trust, to hand over my heart again and allow someone else "in" like that is a bit impossible right now. Maybe in time, I don't know. But the thought of remarrying right now isn't a good thought. I'm pretty content not being responsible TO anyone, or being responsible FOR anyone ('cept the little people here).

But I'm relatively young -- who knows, something might smack me upside when I least expect it. :)

~merfi
    Spinster with 20 Cats class

• JH
    JH

If marriage is the only way God would permit us to have sex in the new world.....I would want to get married, but with the right person though....

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

yes, I would love to be married.....to a xjw would be best for me.

Taking apps.....

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

yeah i would too.

even tho my first marriage was crap, think the ex hubby has a girlfriend even tho were not divorced yet, what a naughty jw??

next time tho i'd do it for love, and to have that commitment, (and also even tho i'm dfed my parents would be really upset if i lived with someone!)

• Sirona
    Sirona

Right now, no, I don't see myself remarrying. The piece of paper isn't the most important thing....

Sirona

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Before I got married the first time I promised myself that if the first time around didn't work there would be no second attempt. Now I've been separated for 2 1/2 years and I don't feel any differently. I enjoy living alone, and Rocco provides all the company I need around the house.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit