by purplesofa 216 Replies latest social entertainment

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Johnny Cash

Stephen "Cat" Coore

Rupert Bent Jr.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Okay I have to mention her because I love her music so much.

Susan Tedeschi - she is an amazing musician and guitarist.

I love John Mayer - his new album is phenomenal.

Jonny Lang - young and talented guitarist wish I'd see more of him live.

G Love & The Special Sauce - Amazing live performances...not so great albums.

The Gypsy Kings - have seen them in concert many times. Amazing guitarists and the music is awesome!

Steely Dan - don't know who the guitarist is - my husband would....saw them in concert - Fabulous!

Bonnie Raitt - need I say more!

If anything...go buy Susan Tedeschi and The Gypsy Kings!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Isn't Jose Feliciano the guy who does the "Fleece navy that" song?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Bonnie Raitt - need I say more!

I have tickets to see her in October .........her Souls Alike cd is great.

HS

I have part of IF1 downloaded........love it ...........but I am hearing flute right? great flute playing as well. This really is as awesome as you said........thanks, thanks.......a million thanks. A good bottle of wine and all would be perfect.

purps

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

A few more that occurred to me today:

Mark Knopfler's fade-out solo on Skateaway is sublime stuff

Jimi Hendrix - I could name a bunch but Red House is probably my favorite - I'm not real big on straight blues but Red House is so perfect

The fade-out solo on Hotel California - the back-and-forth between Don Felder and Joe Walsh is the stuff of legend

The guy who made me want to play the guitar was Gary Richrath of REO Speedwagon - I still think he played some great melodic stuff, the solo from Take it on the Run is a good example

Vivian Campbell's solo on Dio's Rainbow in the Dark - the song hasn't aged well with me, but the solo is an dizzying fretboard-melting extravaganza (LOL, can anybody tell that I lived in front of MTV back in the early 80's? It was much more rock-oriented then)

Eddie's solo on Jump is fantastic, though I understand it was a pieced-together affair. His solo take on Michael Jackson's Beat It is unforgettable

Page's outro solo on Black Dog

Eric Clapton on Let It Rain, White Room, Badge

Elliott Easton (The Cars) layed down some great solos - Shake It Up has a sweet one

Steve Lukather on the Don Henley song Dirty Laundry

I don't know who played it, but the solo on Steely Dan's Do It Again has always been one of my favorites

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Personal favourites gotta include:

Steve Hillage: Green

Yes: Yessongs & Gates of Delirium

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

HS

Franco Mussida

fantastic..........!!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh yeah, Tom Verlaine from Television.

Download "Marquee Moon" and give it a listen. I find it very, very satisfying. I love the part towards the end when the guitar sounds like seagulls.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Purps, the song Deja VooDoo is from Kenny Wayne Shepherd's Ledbetter Heights CD. It's not the same song as Voo Doo Chile which is a Jimmi Hendrix cover.

Deja VooDoo. If you can't find it to d/l it, let me know and I can try to send it to you. It starts slowly then hits you like an atomic bomb. Very powerful and ultra sexy song. You'll be glad you d/l it and listened. Keep in mind that Kenny was about 16 when he recorded it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002L3P/qid=1151471284/sr=2-3/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_3/103-6926927-6315041?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Neil Young does some very good guitar work. Down By The River, Cinammon Girl and may more. Needle and the Damage Done is one of his acoustic master pieces.

How about Robert Randolph and the Family Band? He does amazing work with the pedal steel guitar and it ain't country pedal steel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit