great guitarist....guitar solos...and performances

by purplesofa 216 Replies latest social entertainment

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Eddie Van Halen. Eruption (Van Halen) is considered by most of the other guitar gods to have changed guitar solos. Also Spanish Fly (Diver Down) is a great acoustic solo.

Randy Rhoads. He was killed way before his time.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's a few more:

Jeff Healey (he's blind, but he's awesome)

Buck Dharma from Blue Oyster Cult. Check out the songs Veteran Of The Psychic Wars, 7 Screaming Dizbusters, and Buck's Boogie (all live versions are awesome!)

Jason Bieler from Saigon Kick (that guy is super-talented and can play anything)

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

over half of the mentioned artist/musicians listed on this thread are a bunch of drug addict, Pot Heads...

LOL... (rolls another fatty, and aspires to be a legend)

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

John Mayer.. I know he's more/less New School, but he has played some sets with the legends...

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ted Nugent

BSoM

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    John Mayer.. I know he's more/less New School, but he has played some sets with the legends

I saw John Mayer Live two years ago........He is awesome on guitar.......He really is someone better seen LIVE for sure.

He wanted to be a great guitar player but knew he would never be a SRV or Hendrix........so he peddled his "bubblegum" songs to get more of where he wants to be. One of the best concerts I have ever been to.

I have tons of stuff downloading and I am organizing........Please keep stuff coming as you think of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this sounds horrible......but I told you my dog died Sunday.........I have/had three dogs.

. Today, while I was jammin to malmsteen/barenaked ladies, with my wiemeriner right here at my feet.........He started choking and spitting up huge blood clots, hemorraging from the lungs, the final stages of heartworms. We thought he was doing better. He is at the vet, waiting for a shot to be put to sleep. I will pick him up at 5:30........I am washing his blanket now, the one he will be wrapped in......I was sad about the other dog.......but this dog was mine......and its really tough. He lived longer than was expected.

I think when i hear great guitar jammin..........I will think of Blue!!! He was the coolest best dog ever!!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Ricky Rouse...

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

... Darrell Crooks

Danny Devoux

Greg Dalton

Eric Jackson

Femi Ojetunde...

• Genesis
    Genesis

Thanks Bonnzo, very kind of you.

Good one Lady Lee, Andre Segovia is a genius of classical guitar, how could we forget him ?

Yeah John Petrucci is with Dream Theather lol.

Megadeth's guitarist is Marty Friedman !

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Jerry Garcia... There was always something magical when he would go off into a jam/solo at a live show, whether it was a jam during a particular song, or it was just his solo during the "Drums & Space" set( I loved it when he made his guitar sound like a trumpet)...

Guess you had to be there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit