great guitarist....guitar solos...and performances

by purplesofa 216 Replies latest social entertainment

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

no problem, just wanted you to get all the names spelled right. it helps when looking on the good 'ol net.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

genesis: you have good taste in guitarists: al dimeola, john mclaughlin(sp wrong?) im impressed

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Try to find Nanci Griffith on Austin City Limits. She also has a very good, very entertaining DVD footage of her One Fair Summer Evening live CD concert. She's amazing with acoustic or electric. She writes very good songs and can sing softly or she can belt. She's not really country, not really folk. She's got her own genre. She's from Austin, Texas and more popular in Ireland than she's ever been here. I saw her in Atlanta on her Flyer Tour. She played Things We Said Today, a Beatle's cover on a white Fender Strat. We were all mesmerized.

I don't know what kind of video you could find of The Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band. I have NEVER seen anyone play with his magnetic energy. I really thought the whole place was going to take off for outer space. Ever hear his song Deja Voo doo? His playing on Deja Voo Doo hits you an atomic bomb. He was a teen prodigy.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

one more i think got missed: frank zappa

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/7030560/a/Fall+Out.htm HS........this is what I could find on Terry Smith.........what do you think? I want to try to get this. purps

• purplesofa
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Ok...........I got DantheMan, part of HS, Leoleaia, FHN,

all your suggestions.....

will work on the rest tomorrow......up too late already........

thanks everyone............I appreciate it so much........

purps

• Simon
    Simon

Al Di Meola (sp)

Plays a great guitar solo on Paul Simon's "Hearts and Bones" album (first track, "Allergies" I think)

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Glad to see Angus from AC/DC got a mention

Rich Robinson from the Black Crowes is tops as well

Did I see Van Halen?

Pete Townsend from The Who

Slash from G'n'R

Billy Connolly is a great Banjo Player, sadly

All the best

BM

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Angus Young on the song Back in Black - I know, i know - you've heard it a million times, but Angus's playing on that song is brilliant

I'm not a huge AC/DC fan but his opening solo on Thunderstuck is probably the most amazing playing I've ever seen and heard. How the heck does that guy play and bounce around the stage like that??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit