OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD! "here we go, here we go, here we go"!

by nicolaou 209 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Ecuador won!

Now that could turn out to be a very interesting group.

• daystar
    daystar

Sorry, a lot of us are watching the NBA finals right now.

Dallas Mavericks beat Miami Heat last night and we'll be keeping the heat on the... Heat, straight on through!

Good luck with your soccer thingy.

• Pole
    Pole

What a shame. The Polish complex showing its ugly face again. For the 1000 years of the existence of the Polish nation and state (200+ of which was underground) we have conclusively proven we can only fight when we have nothing to lose. I'm glad I won't be watching the Germany-Poland game.

Maybe just to seek some consolation in those fabulous German strikers: Podolski, Miroslav Klose and Borowski. What genuine Germans. LOL.

Excuse me my ramblings. I'm slightly drunk and too tired not to be emotional.

Pole

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The ball is lighter than normal and, as a consequence, dips and swerves when hit hard (great news for Lampard and Gerrard ).

yes but unfortunately (from an english perspective) for ronaldo ronaldino and all the other strikers and striking mid fielders too.

good first day

better 2nd hopefully

tijkmo of the englishman in new scotland class

• Simon
    Simon
    Sorry, soccer (football) is not real big in the states. Maybe they could do something to make it more exciting.

C'mon ... the reality is that the networks don't like it 'cause they don't get to stop the game every 5 seconds to show adverts.

Americans have been conditioned to have a **really** short attention span as a result and can't cope with 2 x 45 minutes of Action without a break.

The first big match for us is tomorrow !!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Could have done with Germany loosing really. Aren't we up against them in the second round?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Aren't we up against them in the second round?

Only if one wins their group and the other is runner-up in theirs.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can almost predict it happening.

• amac
    amac

Germany will choke like always...and Poland was pathetic, they continued to play so cautious when they were down. I was hoping they'd win.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    C'mon ... the reality is that the networks don't like it 'cause they don't get to stop the game every 5 seconds to show adverts.

Americans have been conditioned to have a **really** short attention span as a result and can't cope with 2 x 45 minutes of Action without a break.

so how do you explain the Spanish networks showing all 45 minutes of the games??

AND I HOPE ENGLAND LOSES!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit