Who has Tattoos?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 117 Replies latest jw friends

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

What is it within man that makes us dissatisfied with the way the Lord made each of us?

Most people are not happy with the way they look so they seek ways that will cause them to feel better about themselves or cause others to accept them.

This is not wrong when it comes to having good grooming habits, but we need to understand true beauty comes from within, not from what we wear or how we look.

When the emphasis is put on the outward appearance we can be ensnared in vanity, rejection, fear, pride and even racial discrimination.

One of the most wonderful things about receiving the Lord is that He wants to deliver us from the outward things that we think we need to feel good about ourselves. When we are in sin we do not feel worthy or acceptable, but through Christ we are.

Many young people today do not realize that they may be sorry in the future that they chose to put tattoos on their bodies today. We know of many people who have said to us that they wish they had not been foolish when they were young as now they must live with the reminder of what they did when they were young. Only a few people have the money to have them removed by laser.

blessedstar

• Gadget
    Gadget
    The thing is to those who don't know, TATTOOING HAS WITCHCRAFT "ROOTS".

Very appropriate for me then, I'm a witch and an officer of the pagan federation http://www.paganfed.org/. I got my first Tattoo while still a witness. I kept it hidden for the first year or so, then nobody could tell how new it was so presumed it had already been dealt with..... It got a lot of admiring glances at congregation outings! I now have three, one on each shoulder and one on my right calf.

The second pic is taken in a mirror, its actually on my left shoulder.

Many young people today do not realize that they may be sorry in the future that they chose to put tattoos on their bodies today.

This is a very important point. You have to think about what its going to look like when your older. Thats why I started getting piercings instead of more tattoos, I can remove a piercing whenever I want but tattoos are forever. When I chose my tattoos, and their locations, I made sure that I can keep them hidden with clothing if I choose to, or alternative I can wear things to deliberately show them off.

• daystar
    daystar

BS, why don't you leave this thread alone. We're just trying to have a little discussion about something you obviously disagree with.

Ok, we get it. Now, quit preaching to us.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Many young people today do not realize that they may be sorry in the future that they chose to put tattoos on their bodies today. We know of many people who have said to us that they wish they had not been foolish when they were young as now they must live with the reminder of what they did when they were young. Only a few people have the money to have them removed by laser.

blessedstar

But blessedstar, even though it's very expensive now to have tattoos removed, things tend to get cheaper over time, right? So as technology continues to develop, most likely it will be cheaper to have tattoos removed.

That is, if someone feels it's absolutely necessary to have a tattoo removed.

What is it within man that makes us dissatisfied with the way the Lord made each of us?

Most people are not happy with the way they look so they seek ways that will cause them to feel better about themselves or cause others to accept them. - blessedstar

To me it's not a vanity thing or an appearance thing, but so much deeper than that. I'm happy with the way God made me. It's a sentimental thing, a symbolic thing.

GoodGirlBadGirl

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    This is a very important point. You have to think about what its going to look like when your older. Thats why I started getting piercings instead of more tattoos, I can remove a piercing whenever I want but tattoos are forever. When I chose my tattoos, and their locations, I made sure that I can keep them hidden with clothing if I choose to, or alternative I can wear things to deliberately show them off. - Gadget

Gadget, I agree with this that they should be very carefully selected. BTW, what do yours mean to you? GGBG

• daystar
    daystar

Blessedstar

Most people are not happy with the way they look so they seek ways that will cause them to feel better about themselves or cause others to accept them.

That's a rather negative view on things. As usual, hon, you are simply regurgitating things you read in some fundie material or was spoken by some fundie Christian. Most people I know seem rather happy with the way they look. I'm sure there are people that get tats just to receive attention. However, that is certainly not true of everyone. I've been considering a tat for years.

I intend on getting it high on my back between my shoulder blades, where hardly anyone will ever see it. It will have meaning for me, much as wearing a cross about the neck has meaning to many Christians. Except, to have a tattoo, one has to have much more commitment to the symbol than to just hang a piece of metal around their neck.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

BS,

As a Christian you must realise that Leviticus is from the Mosaic Law and as such no longer binding.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Many young people today do not realize that they may be sorry in the future that they chose to put tattoos on their bodies today.

Oh right cause you just personally know soooooo many young people, and they all act the same and look the same and do the same things and then regret it. Well thank the lord we have you around to stop us foolish pickeney!!

Look moron I was 30 years old when I got my first one, k? A grown-assed ADULT.

What people do or don't do with their bodies is their business. Stop generalizing and most importantly stop your preaching.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings BlessedStar,

Are you for real? You sound kooky... Like a dub "elder". We've all had enough of that.

Dismembered

• Odrade
    Odrade

People who choose their tats carefully, and get good quality work done by real tattoo artists rarely regret having done it. Those "most" statistics include people who get stuff done on them by their friends with a home kit, those who do their own with a hot needle and india ink, prison tats, whims and drunk tats. Yeah. LOTS of people regret those.

After thinking about it for YEARS, I finally got one on my right calf. It's a branch of pink dogwood flowers, and I love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit