Who has Tattoos?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Leave it to six to bring his colon into this. rump writer!

Maybe???? Better question is, who had them done while they were a Witness still.
    My nose ring was in while I was a JW newly 'accepted' back in. Strange huh!
  • bythesea
    bythesea

I got my one tat while still a JW in good standing(and am still one, just fading like crazy!!)...its a fushia blossom over my left breast. Very colorful and feminine and can be hidden in most shirts and dresses...swim suits are a little tricky!!

I knew my hubby hated tattoos so didn't tell him I was having it done and waited for 2 days before I even told him I'd gotten one...I just waited until he was asleep before I'd go to bed...undressing in the dark! LOL!! Finally I told him and he was really angry for a couple of days...then shortly afterwards the Awake came out with that article on tattoos, are they for Christians or whatever it was called. The gist was that it was a conscience matter, however the content of the tattoo shouldn't be anything that offended anyone. We had a BBQ with several elders and wives and the subject came up, all the wives were wishing they had the nerve to get one! I just smiled and looked smugly at my hubby!

Now he says he knows that me getting the tattoo was the "beginning of the end" for me!! Ha, it started long before the tattoo!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I put in special pioneer hours the month I got my ventricles tattood.

• Es
    Es

Heya goodgirlbadgirl, the tatt is on my lower back near my undie line. Put it to you this way i would rather give birth again then deal with that pain hehehe

es

• misguided
    misguided

I have 5 tattoos now (my last one 2 weeks ago), but while still a JW I got the Japanese symbol for 'Older Sister' tattooed to my lower back (with a butterfly.) My siblings, my sister (who's still a JW) has the matching 'Younger Sister,' my brother who lives in the Grand Cayman (& still a JW) has the 'Older Brother' symbol, and my youngest brother who never got baptized, and now lives in Berlin, has the 'Younger Brother' symbol.

Rose

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I have two, both WT related in a sense, got one in 2003 and the other in 2004, An angel the first and a mermaid the second... I'll post them later this week.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I got my first one for my 50th birthday...not only because I could finally celebrate a birthday...but it was FORBIDDEN by the JW's and it was a good "You can just kiss my a**" type of thing to do. Started with a small frog on my right ankle...followed by a larger frog on my left front lower leg and then a larger frog with wings (symbolizing my freedom from the Watchtower) on my right forearm. The frog is my "totem" so to speak.

Hmmmmmmm...where should I put my next one????

cathy l.

• daystar
    daystar

I have none yet. Though I have a good idea of what I want. I'm shopping around for local tattoo artists at the moment.

Hey, if any artists here want to help me design it, I'd appreciate the hell out of it. The last guy that was working on it almost had it completely down... then his loser gene kicked in and he forgot about it and lost all the work we'd done on it...

• moanzy
    moanzy

I got one on my ankle- a butterfly. I need to go back and get a flower or something to go with it, but that sucker hurt.

It might not hurt as bad as labor, but I could have kicked the tatoo guy in the teeth. Yep, I'm a wimp and not scared to admitt it!

Moanzy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Geez I wish Valis still posted here; he'd have some ideas for my colon tat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit