Who has Tattoos?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 117 Replies latest jw friends

• puck
    puck

i have two -- one says "puckish" (all the letters are combined, so it looks like a design, not words) on my stomach, and one on my back, just above my right hip -- it's an imp. i'm planning on getting an arm band soon... something from edward gorey, maybe "the uninvited guest". i also have my tongue pierced -- boy did that freak everybody out the first time i went home for a visit!

-- puck

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hey GGBG, no problem ;-)
    <<Thanks, Damselfly, for having this be your username and thus indirectly inspiring me to think about what they represent. :)>>

That is what my planned tattoo is going be. If I ever get around to getting it done that is.
    I love the meaning behind the damselfly and the dragonflies, they are all over my house.

Dams

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

alt

alt Resurrecting my thread to put Richie Rich on there... I also have another one someone PM'd me...TBA momentarily...

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

A tattoo idea/plan from someone on this board:

Here are the words that inspire this person's tattoo idea:

Artist: Linkin Park Lyrics

Song: Numb Lyrics

i'm tired of being what you want me to be
    feeling so faithless
    lost under the surface
    i don't know what you're expecting of me
    put under the pressure
    of walking in your shoes
    [caught in the undertow / just caught in the undertow]
    every step that i take is another mistake to you
    i've
    become so numb
    i can't feel you there
    become so tired
    so much more aware
    i'm becoming this
    all i want to do
    is be more like me
    and be less like you

can't you see that you're smothering me
    holding too tightly
    afraid to lose control
    cause everything that you thought i would be
    has fallen apart right in front of you

every step that i take is another mistake to you
    and every second i waste is more than i can take

but i know
    i may end up failing too
    but i know
    you were just like me
    with someone disappointed in you

She'll have to let me know if she did/does get this tattoo . . . I think she has to stay anonymous at this moment though . . . but I think the tattoo idea is definitely full of meaning for her and something the rest of us exJW's can definitely relate to...

I definitely have my own tatt ideas in place now too, but I don't have the place on my body decided yet...

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

This is one I found online that I like . . . bluebirds represent happiness . . . wings represent elusiveness of said happiness (especially when JW family is involved and do not seem to care about your happiness, only care if you are out in service and at the meetings) . . . wings represent (to me) the escape from anything that stifles our true selves (the JW cult stole my personality, took away the person I was meant to be) . . . happiness is an attainable goal for those of us who have lost so much from the JW's, but who have gained so much more by escaping it...

Basically just thinking aloud at this point...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

So, I do go back in another couple weeks to get my words touched up and to add something.

On top of my shoulders, I'm getting the date that everything came out in the open (4-14-2006) in roman numerals.

IV XIV will bw on my left shoulder, and MMVI will be on my right. I know some people dont like the idea of a tattoo or whatever, but I've found that for myself, its more about me knowing its there than anyone else.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Happy birthday Puck!!!
    -K

• coolhandluke
  • merfi
  • MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

I've gotten 3 since I left the JW's about 10 months ago. My first was a leaf with 3 ladybugs on it representing my 3 grown daughters...it says "Sydni turned the Paige on Tuesday" around it. My girls names are Sydni, Paige and Tuesday. My 2nd one is pretty large down my right calf...a long stem yellow rose and a heart behind it with a banner in front saying "mom and pops"...the 3rd I got about 2 weeks ago...it is on my right wrist..U2 with the words walk on under it! I love them all...I have always wanted tats and piercings so I have it all now .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit