Who has Tattoos?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 117 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

During a time in my early 30's I decided it was time to do something juvenile, and making my husband upset at the same time was a bonus.--Note the reference to being juvenile.

I got a daylily on my back shoulder(which won't ever sag:)). Nearly 10 years later I am debating about having it refreshed(kind of fading). I kind of regretted getting it, but glad I did all the same. Doesn't make sense, huh? I showed my brother and he thought it was a press on tattoo cause he didn't believe *I* would do such a crazy thing(his wife has several and he doesn't care)

I was always the *good* girl, went to meetings, tried to please my mom etc, never did anything very wild. The tattoo shocked everyone and so it is worth it for that alone. Very tired of being so predictable and the 'good girl'.

I may get another to celebrate being 40. Or I could get drunk. Hmm, that would shock them too! Cept, I hate drinking-and kind of afraid to-my mom's family has BIG drinking issues. Maybe something to symbolize my 3 kids-all are musical, I could find a short musical 'phrase' that would be appropriate! Hmmm. ! NOT the kingdom melodies-anyone else wonder what sadist/plagarist mutilated so many old standards?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Now we are taliking my language.

I have 10. A scorpion, dragon, phoenix, japanese lettering on my leg, a family monogram on my hand, my wife's name under my wedding ring, pegasus, the letters WT intertwined with the devil's face, a broken heart on my chest, and this one...

More to come...

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I have several --

Have a redhead (my wife) riding a cuban cigar with green and brown tobacco leaves and a cigar band o nthe bottom.

Have my sons footprints (he was 10 weeks preemie - healthy now) on my left chest and my daughters hand print on my right chest

have my wedding ring tattooed on (I have a gold allergy)

and have the word "Kruppel" with 3 red crosses on my right forearm to memorialize the 350,000 people with disabilities killed by the nazis as they perfected their killing techniques.

• bubble
    bubble

I was debating whether or not to get a tattoo for my 40th birthday. If I get one it will be my son and daughter's initials entwined and it will be in the middle of my upper back.

I'm still undecided though. I have 6 months to make up my mind.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Get one. You owe it to yourself.

My wife has two now, and at 45, just had her nose pierced.

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Stealth, I am thinking of getting my nose pierced (I got my belly button pierced in May).

Wow, lots of great tattoos, thanks for sharing them. Stealth, your picture didn't show up...

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I had to resurrect this thread I started a year ago because I finally did it! I got inked! Yep. To celebrate another milestone in life - turning 26 and getting a little bit smarter than I was a year ago.

I have been waiting patiently for my ink for all the circumstances to be right. Then I realized (duh) that the circumstances will never be just right (because that is the name of the game called life) and I just have to go for it. So I did. I looked in the yellow pages, checked out their website, asked Mike to draw a graphiti-style rendition of the letters I wanted, called the place and they said they were closing in 45 minutes but what did I want? I told the guy and he said come on by and he might be able to do it tonight. So I got there around 5:30 and he priced it out. It was reasonable, he drew his rendition of it based on a few simple instructions I gave, and then we got started. He spent about five minutes steralizing his work station and wrapping everything he would need to touch in fresh plastic. He was really good about placing that stencil about 50 times until it was just perfect. It hurt but not like I thought it would. Sometimes I gritted my teeth, sometimes it felt like only a scratch. He said not to worry about the pain and just to accept it. That seemed to make all the difference. The pain itself felt symbolic too. I would definitely get more tattoos. Though all the spots I am interested in are quite tender, according to my tattooer. He was impressed with the spot I chose and about halfway through said it was one of the "bad spots" for pain. I almost didn't want him to shade it in because I was getting tired but he talked me into it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. And it was definitely worth it. The whole experience took about three hours.

Anyone else want to add tattoos they have gotten!!??

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Many young people today do not realize that they may be sorry in the future that they chose to put tattoos on their bodies today. We know of many people who have said to us that they wish they had not been foolish when they were young as now they must live with the reminder of what they did when they were young. Only a few people have the money to have them removed by laser.

That sounds about as close to a watchwanker quote, as damn is to swearing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit