Who has Tattoos?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 117 Replies latest jw friends

• misguided
    misguided
    Hey that is super cool, Rose! I wish my siblings and I could do something like that. What are your other tattoos?

I have the butterfly on my lower back with the symbol, a rose on my left ankle, a ankle band with all my kids names (Brittany, Bryanna, Brooklyn, Brennan, Brailyn and Brandon), and the newest, a hummingbird on my leg near to the rose.

Rose

• Lapuce
    Lapuce
    As a believer in Christ it is not a good thing to have on your body.

The Bible warns us against tattoos in Leviticus 19:28 this is an Amplified version which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

This is not condemn anyone who already has a tattoo, but just to warn those who are considering getting one.

The thing is to those who don't know, TATTOOING HAS WITCHCRAFT "ROOTS".

blessedstar

I feel that I'm again at the kingdumb hall.....

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

misanthropic, if you don't mind, what is the meaning behind your tattoo? And the letters?

So many of you posted about your tattoos, but I want more people to share!

Damselfly explained why her username is such in the thread Greendawn started a while back about explaining our avatars and usernames. This got me thinking a damselfly tattoo would be pretty cool. I am interested in something feminine but not too feminine, something that represents strength (and the nymph is a strong little bugger who has a rough time of growing up at times), something that represents the transformation I'm going through right now as I come into my own and truly become an adult. Butterflies also represent transformation but I think they can sometimes be overdone.

Here's what I found about damselflies and dragonflies:

They go through a metamorphosis period to emerge as fully formed and functional new creatures. For the dragonfly (and its closest relative, the damselfly), life starts out encased in an egg. These eggs are laid in water, and when the young dragonfly emerges, it is known as a nymph. These juvenile dragonflies are not nearly of the beauty or stature of their adult counterparts. In fact, they can be downright ugly. Their wings are tiny and their jaws are large and extended, to make it easier to find their favorite foods (like mosquito larvae). They can spend three years in the nymph stage, living in water, waiting to truly take form.

The chance that the procedure of morphing from nymph to damselfly is painful is very high. The first step seems easy enough. The nymph just climbs out of the water to rest on a plant stem or leaf. But then, the process really begins! The skin of the nymph begins to split, with the new head emerging from the ruins. The rest of it emerges, until finally free, its wings have a chance to dry and become strong enough to fly. The process takes about two hours. However, it won’t be fully complete for another day or two, when the beautiful colors begin to fully come in.

The dragonfly’s shell is designed with special facets that reflect and refract their beautiful colors and the light of the sun. This almost sparkling appearance has leant added meaning to the dragonfly’s form. They’ve taken on a mystical and magical symbolism. The dragonfly’s magic is it’s light magic, and all of the wonderful similes, metaphors and clichés that light has inspired. In

In Native American astrology, there is a strong belief that each person has a totem animal spirit which serves as their guardians and guides through certain phases of life. Often, an individual would have many different totems throughout life, some for just a time, some for their entire lives. And one of these totem spirits was the spirit of the dragonfly. It would adopt men and women, young and old. The dragonfly spirit means you must consciously make an effort to express your hopes, dreams, needs and wishes.

The dragonfly spirit is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and the communication from the elemental world. Its medicine beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need changing. You can turn to the dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation.

Thanks, Damselfly, for having this be your username and thus indirectly inspiring me to think about what they represent. :)

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    misanthropic, if you don't mind, what is the meaning behind your tattoo? And the letters?

My husband drew it. There's really no meaning behind it, just his initials with barbed wire that forms into a heart. It starts just under my bra strap and goes all the way down the center of my back.

GGBG-When and if you get your tatoo I hope you post it so we can see it.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

GGBG-When and if you get your tatoo I hope you post it so we can see it.

I WILL. I already know where I'm putting it. The ideas are starting to come together.

misanthropic, your tattoo is meaningful because it's from your husband. :)

• Warlock
    Warlock

I do.

But I can't tell you what or where, because too many people know.

What I can tell you, is, I was sober when I got it.

Warlock

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

PMing Warlock....

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My son just got his first tattoo this week .( He has a friend that is an artist and begining his own business .) It is quite large covers the back of his lower leg . It will be done in stages color will be added in a few weeks . It is called a sacred heart with barbed wire around it and rays emmitting from it . It will have alot of shading so it looks more 3-d . He eventually plans on having another over his left breast in honor of his friend that died a few months ago. I was just getting use to his lip- peircing ....the tattoo really doesn't have the same shock value as that did .

• mama1119
    mama1119

I have a red heart on my left wrist. The reason being that at one time in the senventies and early eighties, hearts were considered pagan by the JW. You could even be "turned in" for having them in your house or clothing. I got it to remind me I make my own decisions and am not influenced by guilt or fear. Alot of times when I run into someone and am "shunned" it reminds me of the freedom I have.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

mama1119, I love your tat story. That's why I want a tattoo, to remind myself that this is MY life and I've taken control of it.

Warlock still won't tell me about his tattoo; I bet it's cuz it's naughty.

I haven't heard from whyamihere or buttlight - do you ladies have tattoos? misspeaches!!?? I bet Blondie has tattoos. And Mouthy!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit