What nice, interesting thing did you see today?

by Lady Lee 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

So often we are stuck in the negative part of life and see so much of the bad. The news is full of it. I look for the things that are nice. Somethimes they just happen, like a couple of days ago I was coming back from the post office and I saw this young man walking along the street. No one was around him but as he walked he was strumming the guitar he was holding. I was too far to hear what he was playing but I could see his hands moving over the frets as he played - just for himself/ I had to smile.

Today I was on the phone with my daughter and could hear my little grandson talking away. He's getting so good at it with new words all the time.

What makes you smile.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Every time my son says "Daddy, I love you" to me without being prompted, it makes me smile.

• jambon1
    jambon1

My beutiful kids. I could stare at their little antics all day.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Our neighbors have a Beagle puppy, and it’s a hoot watching him play with about anything he finds in the yard. Can’t help but smile every time . . .

• james_woods
    james_woods

Mai and I have an inside cat named Li-Li and an outside dog named Chance. Li-Li likes to go up to the window to Chance's dog run and take a running jump at him from the other side of the glass. Chance doesn't care and just licks the glass and wags his tail at her.

Yesterday morning, she took the usual jump at him but got her left front claws caught in the window curtain. She is left hanging there by just one foot and cannot figure out how to retract the claws. So, we go get her down and she flashes past out of sight to her secret hiding place in the library.

This morning, before going to work, I see her looking at Chance through the window again - but no lunging charges. Guess she must think he was somehow responsible for getting her stuck...perhaps peace will reign for a while?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

In town this morning I walked arround a corner and literally bumped into an old friend David Barrett. David is an electronics/radio boffin and can spent hours entertaining us with amazing stories of his numerous trips to the Australian bases in Antarctica. Stories of nearly blowing up the base and so on.

Him and his wife live in a similar place to mine, 80 secluded bush acres with their own rainforested creek. He was excited with his new job installing 5 radio towers along the coast for the new 3G mobile phone network.

It's good to have friends. David turned 58 on Saturday so we had a picnic birthday party by the waterfall. Him and his wife are big kids just like me, we just laugh and carry on telling stories or quietly enjoy the natural surroundings.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I love taking walks by the Sacramento Capitol Park. They have an AWESOME rose garden and they are all in bloom. Hundreds of different colored bushes, it's just beautiful!

And my grandson who is 2 makes me crack up. He was at my house last night and when he knows everyone is watching him--he falls on his face on the ground--he's such a ham! He also was pointing to my purse saying "whats een there? canny?" He's just adorable.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

It's been raining alot lately, and I LOVE when I come home from work and walk down the long stretch of lawn to my apartment, because it smells sooo wonderful with the smell of fresh rain and wet earth and the sound of the brook running through the little ravine.......and, at night, I love to have the window open to listen to the sound the birds make as dusk falls and the sun sinks......and to smell the fresh, cool air.......my heart opens wide with a deep sense of peace and quiet joy.

• daystar
    daystar
    Every time my son says "Daddy, I love you" to me without being prompted, it makes me smile.

Every day! My heart just about bursts every time mine throws one of those my way. Or a "Daddy? You're the best friend in the world." {hug}

• Mystery
    Mystery

Seeing the sun beaming through beautiful bright blue sky breaking through the gray clouds gave me a mo mentary glimpse of utter peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit