What nice, interesting thing did you see today?

by Lady Lee 87 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Thanks for sharing the pics sparkplug!!!!!

I laughed today while throwing the ball for my cocker spaniel puppy who is 6 mo.old. She went ass over teakettle chasing the ball down the hill. It was so cute. Talk about perseverance!

This is a great Topic to have around Lady Lee. It brings smiles and laughter to all of us. Thanks for thinking of it.

Juni

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Sparkplug...I absolutely love your pictures...they are beautiful. sammieswife.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Heyya Sammies Wife! Thank you and nice to meet you!

Crumpet...Is that your bo? nice shot! I thank you for the compliment. Good subjects really help.

Lady lee, thanks. I think most of the tender things I saw just made me happy. I just happen to have them recorded to share, and that makes me happier.

Tea 4 two- my mom really is into birds. as much as I groan about her, her ability to watch nature and find happiness in it is truly amazing. She notices things like you observed with the birds and the nest.

Auldsoul! I hope they made you smile. :0)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Bythesea- I love days off. I think I have used most all of mine for the year. I need an outside job!

vitty- Is it not strange how things like that happen. Truly would have choked me up.

and juni- I have never heard that expression tail over teakettle, but I am going to look it up now and see where it originated...if I can.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yeah Sammy, I am still doing the same. Trying to relax and wind down from a job that is so different from my weekend.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oops I forgot to mention my good things yesterday

2 new books and since I collect books I'm trilled

The new edition of Take Back Your Life

and a review copy of Them and Us: Cult Thinking and the Terrorist Threat

Now I'm off to sit by the river and do a bit of reading

oh one other gift my grandchildren gave me - a cold - OK so that wasn't so nice but at least they shared

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It's beautiful outside today. So inspite of my cold I went for a roll down by the river and came upon this

alt

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As they began to cross the bicycle path the mother let out a squawk and all her goslings quickly followed her over to the river for a swimming lesson

For those of you who don't know what these are: Canada Geese. I'm not sure where they go to during our winter but it's nice to see them back and see all the goslings

In Winnipeg there is a huge staging area where they gather before they fly south. I've seen up to 400,000 birds of various species.

• Scully
    Scully

Lee:

I went for a roll down by the river

I think your new theme song should be Proud Mary aka "Rollin' On The River"... LOL

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi Lady Lee... If you wonder where the Canada geese go in the winter.. they hang around the lake here all winter in Ontario near Toronto..I don't know how they survive.. our winters have been milder each year here though..guess they find food somehow...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit