What nice, interesting thing did you see today?

by Lady Lee 87 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

I bought a big bouquet of gerber daisies for a co-worker who is leaving for another job tomorrow. I think it brightened everyone's day --- even people that I don't know stopped by my office to admire them. Beautiful pinks, oranges, yellows -- like a big bouquet of candy flowers.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Today I was reading 40 year-old letters that my mom had written to her parents when she was in college. (Grandma just died, and we cleaned out her house--she'd saved everything.) It was amazing to see my mom's "young" thinking. Also, I noticed that she is so much like me. It was a side of her I had never really known. I'm so glad Grandma didn't throw out those letters.

(also it was mom's pre-JW days, so it was interesting to see that her life wasn't quite as bad as she'd made it out to be when she told us what it was like to be worldly.)

• garybuss
    garybuss

My grandson comes to me and says, "You play me my cars?" He's two years - ten months. He wants me to play with his matchbox cars with him. He likes to play in a corner of the living room on a corner of an end table and he wants me to get back there with him. Every time he asks, I say yes, so he knows it's worth asking. He plays for 5 or 6 minutes and then he's gone:-)

Every day with him is a good day.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

My interesting thing was the first thing I saw today. I was woken up by meeowwing and then screaming. I should point out right now that we don't own a cat.

I heard meeowing, ignored it and drifted back to sleep (so apparently did my girlfriend) then later on I was woken up by this meowwing but again ignored it and went back to a light doze but still this cat kept meeowwing. Then my girlfriend started screaming, I sat bolt upright in bed and there on our bed was a cat!

It must have got in through the open window even though our bedrooms on the first floor. I grabbed the cat and took it downstairs to the garden door and let it out there.

I own a big chocolate Lab who normally sleeps in the bedroom so that cat was REALLY lucky today in that he was asleep downstairs because he hates cats.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Andy and I had lunch with our oldest grandson today. Amazing to see over 100 third graders file through the line, eat, clear their tables and clear the lunchroom in 15 minutes. It was very nice that he wanted us to have lunch with him.

Then, he comes past the dining room window, it's a rainy, cold, blustery day outside, looking very blown about with two kids that have locked themselves out of the house. So I got them towels and made them take off their shoes. One of them had very stinky feet, so I made them all wash their feet. Another boy came by. They just had popcorn and now are watching Napoleon Dynamite and they are being much more quiet. This is all interesting because my youngest child will turn 22 on the 14th.

Kids, you gotta love 'em, stinky feet and all.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I met an old friend that I hadn't seen for 10 years, by now he is married and has two daughters one is 8 years old and the other one is 4.

• White Waves
    White Waves

I went on our deck to call in the dogs and saw this beautiful bird - rare in our area and likely just migrating through - a scarlet tanager. He stayed in our yard for over ten minutes, eating from our bird seed and calmly watching me. Until I identified him, I thought it could be an escaped pet bird, he was so calm. Really, everyday, if I am open to it, I see something that makes me happy or find a way to bring joy in my life - guilt-free since the borg no longer controls me!!

• moanzy
    moanzy

My little girl made me laugh today. First, my 3yr olds panties fell down so my husband says to her "what's that?" . As she bent over to pull them up, my 4 yrs old answers, "it's the MOON!".

Moanzy

• juni
    juni

Wow Whitewaves! I've never seen a tanager in WI. Only in Iowa. I did see a gold finch today and the birds are busy feeding their little ones.

I love being w/my grandkids and my 1 granddaughter lives only 6 blks. from us so I see her a lot. She's 3. She makes me laugh and reminds me of her mommy (my daughter) so I kind of get to re-live those early years.

Also, my little mini cocker spaniel is a hoot. She's 6 mo. now. Still sort of naughty, but doesn't take much to get her on the right track.

Life is good.

Juni

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I saw a "cow...on the roof of a cotton house." It was in a movie, but it always makes me laugh. I saw my wife being playful with the kids she teaches.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit