What nice, interesting thing did you see today?

by Lady Lee 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well a couple of days have passed

The 12th was my oldest daughter's birthday so we got to chat a bit

Today I got a plant from my youngest daughter for Mother's Day - a real surprise

And Gadget and his fiance are coming over for supper - YEAH

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ooops I forgot one two three

My three grandchildren called. The 12 year old made her own call

Later my daughter called so the 2 yr old and the 7 mth old could say Happy Mother's Day

Well the baby would much rather use the telephone to teethe on

But Matthew is hilarious. He knows what phones are now and wants to talk on it all the time. He chatted about "Daddy out" (He's mowing the lawn)

And then kept say Bye GrandPA. He just can't quite get to say GrandMA

• Balsam
    Balsam

Seeing my 6 month old grandson Ayden playing with his feet and cooing contentedly.

Getting a pleasant reply from a young man who was raised as a JW, and I knew his Grandparents. He knows I'm disf'ed and still he was kind enough to pass on my greeting to his non-jw grandparents. That made me smile with gratitude.

My sweet husband and laugh together when we're having some kind of senior moment that cracks us both up. Oh our short term memory is so lacking. LOL

Seeing my neighbors little boy (age 8) hopping back and forth over a small fence dividing it from an empty lot. He is so intent on his efforts that whoops out loud when he doesn't fall or lands successfully. Brings back pleasant memories of my childhood.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It's been raining for a couple of days here and now I'm starting to see real progress in the vegetables I planted - really pleased that my onions are growing because they don't usually survive the onslaught of slugs, worms, cats and birds!!

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

Today, I saw a Kingdom Hall... hmmmmm...
    as well as hearing my JW teacher telling me she was going to guilt trip someone into coming to the Kingdom Hall.
    I never knew they did that

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    she was going to guilt trip someone into coming to the Kingdom Hall

What surprises me is that she acknowledged that she does that

My good thing for the day - lunch with Mr and Mrs Scully and Gadget and Claire

wheehoo It's a great day!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Another good day - well actually a few good days

I wnet to Montreal for my grandsons birthday. He's 2 and wow what a character. He definitely knows what presents are. Being a meticulous little fellow he peeled the paper off carefully and then would exclaim WOW! He had opened everything and gone around with kisses and handshakes to thank everyone. Then he returned to one of the boxes and was taking that away when everyone said ---oooo look Matthew. One more present. He turned his head to see thew bike and literally flung down the box and raced over to his new far-too-big-for-him bike (Yes his other grandfather spoils him terribly). His flinging the box down was one of those priceless moments that you wished someone had on video.

Other good things - my baby granddaughter loves to cuddle. The last time I was there she was going through a shy-I-want-my-mommy stage. Now she just snuggles up under my chin or over my shoulder - wonderful feel-good moments.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I saw my baby's first tooth today. It was a bit of a battle to see it after I felt it while he was chewing my thumb.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

There's a new kitty on our street which seems to have taken up residence in my back garden - it is absolutely nutty! It just looks so comical tearing around the place. I also came home from work on the last sunny day we had (!) to the sight of my cat, little kitty and two other cats lounging around in a circle on my lawn. Peace in the neighbourhood at last!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

fe aren't those wee tiny teeth just so amazing to look at - as long as they aren't chomping down while you try to take a look

My granddaughter has 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top. The second top tooth is trying to cut through the skin - poor baby All that drool on everything

Once the tooth is out there is more to celebrate then just the tooth. Mommy and Daddy get to sleep through the night a bit better

SE

That sounds so cute as long as they aren't fighting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit