What nice, interesting thing did you see today?

by Lady Lee 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I went to the eye doctor today. I go to the Sears optical center, and this was the third eye doctor I've had there. He was so nice, and chatty. I learned a lot about him and his life, very interesting.

And my eyes are great. He said one eye stayed the same, and the other improved. I don't need new glasses unless I want to get them. Eye pressure was really low, a good thing, and he said my eyes are young and healthy, and except for a little astigmatism, he said I could easily get by without glasses at all. This is the second exam I've had where my eyes actually improved. I've worn glasses since I was 16, and can't imagine not wearing them.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I got a letter from my sponsor daughter in Honduras. I haven't heard from her for ages now so it was really exciting to read about how she is going at school and how things are improving for her and her family. Just makes me smile from ear to ear!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow you all got me smiling again

• IW
    IW

Lady Lee,

Thank you so much for this thread. It's the first thread I've read in all my exJW years that has brought peace to mind and heart.

I love you for it,

IW

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My sons prom pictures came in today ,they made me smile .

• nsrn
    nsrn

I went out to my daughter's place and collected the eggs. One egg was a quarter of the size of the others, but same color...not sure which chicken gave that one, even though I announced "fess up, girls!" That made me smile.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Having lunch with a good friend who just emerged from the hospital after serious colon cancer surgery. He looks and feels great after going through so much pain with the chemo/radiation and pre-op medication. Although this type surgery doesn't bode well for a long life, he is really upbeat and in great spirits.

carmel

• serendipity
    serendipity

My 17 year old daughter actually hugged me when I got in from work today, and asked how my day was. That was nice, but I have to admit I was a bit suspicious, and held my tongue.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

My 16 year old daughter kissed me bye bye. Said shes going to the mall. Used to do that just because she was going out to play.............

• luna2
    luna2

My son called to ask me out to brunch on Mother's Day. It surprises me every time he does this because I really don't expect anything after all those years of dubbery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit